Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tiny screws in lenses. What sizes & where to get some?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have no idea whether anybody mention this already.
I just disassemble film cameras, that normally come with lens (at least this is how it happens on fleamarket). Camera mostly have all needed screws, even tiny ones for fixation of outside lens housings.
Some of the camera models, also have small metal balls that are used in lenses to make diaphragm ring to move by steps with clicking.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also need some cheap universal kit for lenses, i get upon this kit wonder if scew size and thread is same. maybe they sell something similar on aliexpress?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, the head shape of the glasses screws sold through Amazon do neither look like the flat head type nor the cone head type usually found in lenses.

When looking for some very small slotted cone point set screws (M1.4 x 1.5) I found this manufacturer: https://www.del-screw.com/index.html

I haven't ordered from them yet, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get to know the oldest camera repair guy in your area. After you've struck up a (very useful) relationship with the old codger, in an off-hand manner, ask him how he's set for grub screws. Or old lenses that they may be harvested from. Chances are, he'll have boxes and boxes of this stuff. People who were born in the 30s and 40s had parents who survived the Great Depression, and one common theme amongst those survivors is they tended not to throw anything away. This trait would have most likely been instilled in their offspring.