Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tighten focusing ring on Pentacon 135mm Auto MC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:44 am    Post subject: Tighten focusing ring on Pentacon 135mm Auto MC Reply with quote

I own two Pentacon f/2,8 135mm lenses, both are the same: the latest auto MC version.
The best one (that i would like to keep) has a little problem:
the focusing ring turns the helicoid only if clamped with some force, if turned using fingertips it just slips, without affecting focus.
I looked for screws but none of those i found tightens the focusing ring.
Any clue?

Thanks in advance

Paolo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i understand the focusing is stiff and you have to grip it tightly to turn the focusing ring, otherwise your hand slips around it? If this is correct then the focusing mechanism (helicoids) need to be re-lubed. From my experience, removing the focusing ring only most probably won t be enough to do that. I don t advise you to, but if you really want to try it, have you looked under the rubber band?

Tomas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, the helicoid is perfectly lubed. It's just the ring that slips.
I guess that the screws should be tightened, but i couldn't find them.
I don't have the lens with me, but as far as i remember there is no rubber ring... other way i'd have tried to take it out and look underneath.

cheers
Paolo