Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Thinking of selling my 5D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Thinking of selling my 5D Reply with quote

I'm thinking of going back to Pentax as the 5D is too bulky for my tastes, so if any members are looking for one drop me a PM.

The previous owner sweared by a low (<10k) shutter count which I tend to believe as it's in pretty good shape, it comes with the kit box (but without the kit lens), cables manuals cd battery etc.

I also have an ee-s screen, the original Canon shims in various thicknesses, two spare (non original) batteries, a big_is chipped M42 adapter, and two non-chipped Nikon adapters.

Trades considered with a Pentax K-7 body, or possibly (not sure yet) a K10d/k20d plus cash. I might be interested in other stuff, so check with me if you have things to trade.

Edit: for a straight sale, I paid 850€ for it in June, I can sell it for 800€ plus shipping. The ee-s screen and optional accessories are extra (but pretty cheap).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked great price for full-frame digital! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it did catch my attention too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark II?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff C. Bassett wrote:
Mark II?

don't think so =)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff C. Bassett wrote:
Mark II?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey a guy can dream can't he? Razz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been there, done that. I also had the 5D but I did't like it and returned to my precious Pentaxes...

Hopefully the future will bring us a FF Pentax!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matter of taste .. I recently got a 5D and I can't use it without battery grip because ... I feel it too small Very Happy
I think I got the "1D-ergonomics" addiction Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking of selling my 5D Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
Trades considered with a Pentax K-7 body, or possibly (not sure yet) a K10d/k20d plus cash.

You would really consider even downgrading to a K10d? Difficult to imagine anyone wanting the noisy pictures, lower DR, small viewfinder etc...

The 5D is definitely no lightweight and in some ways it is more challenging to get the most out of it, compared to a crop camera, but it certainly does get more detail out of my lenses. The bigger sensor puts more demands on the photographer and the lenses. This is even more true for digital medium format cameras. I certainly enjoy being able to use my wideangle primes as wideangles and normals as normals -- I wouldn't want to live with the field of view restrictions of crop again!!

How long have you been using the 5D?

Anyway, not trying to convince you to keep your 5D... for some things crop is simply more convenient, but the results between crop and FF are just not (entirely) comparable in important ways (depinding on the application quite much though).

@dab63: +1 Smile
I'm probably getting a battery grip too, but would prefer a 1DsII or III for the better viewfinder (and Live View on the III).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking of selling my 5D Reply with quote

AhamB wrote:

@dab63: +1 Smile
I'm probably getting a battery grip too, but would prefer a 1DsII or III for the better viewfinder (and Live View on the III).

I agree, but to get the 1Ds I should sell both my 1D and my 5D .. and then I would remain with just one camera while in some situations two cameras are a must-to-have Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got crop frame, and probably never will. I can't understand how you can downgrade to smaller format and especially viewfinder, but to each ...

good luck with your sell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The viewfinder of the k7 is 100% 0.91, with the excellent Pentax viewfinder magnifier it becomes slightly larger than the 5D one. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, everyone has his reason to make choices.
Personally I would never downgrade from full frame to APS-C
The image quality gap is big, and not even the best lenses can help to fill it.
I use APS-C along side with FF, because for some applications (tele work in live events) APS-C has advantages.
But whenever I want to put quality first, I always use FF.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, yes, the 5D has that extra bit of quality. But I prefer a camera which feels comfortable in my hands and that I have no issues with, the 5D stays home most of the time. The best picture is the one you actually take, and a comfortable camera frees you up considerably. And that extra 5% does not really make a difference, apart from shooting lens tests, unless I become as good as a pro. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pm sent.