Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Things not to do when it rains in February
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Things not to do when it rains in February Reply with quote

#1 Seeing how many 2x multipliers I can add to a 55mm lens

#2 Calling it a 1760mm lens and posting it for sale on CL at $2k

#3 responding to the one person who actually replied to the ad ...saying "yes, it really does work"

[/url]

I think the use of a tripod or possibly a macro sled might have helped, definitely can't recommend hand held shots though, 1/4 sec shutter,
F2.2 at 3200 ISO and that's the entire frame uncropped..... I've done better but it takes several minutes just to lock in on something to focus on, that's another slight drawback

Last edited by wildlight images on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1

samples please!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You put four behind, I put four in front Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

combine them and you are back at 55mm Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskalaCafe wrote:
combine them and you are back at 55mm Very Happy

I dub thee Oafish, son of Otis.

oaf·ish
ˈōfiSH/
adjective: oafish

stupid, uncultured, or clumsy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Ian, where did you find those cool CPO TCs? I'm a big fan of Century and its products. I own a couple of their telephotos, but would like to own more.

Century was acquired by Schneider a few years ago, but they're still cranking out some rather high-end stuff, especially for the movie industry.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what you're saying is, if I were to use a reversing ring I'd kill two birds with one stone then?

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
You put four behind, I put four in front Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok then...took a little doing but I think I got it; Minolta adapter, 52mm reversing ring, 49-52mm step up ring.... then my butchered trusty old mangy ally cat lens reversed with 4 doublers behind it...per your suggestion.

BTW, Your setup, although definitely coolish, sorry the lens used is a disqualification...it's too tame and gentle looking, in other words nothing about it is threatening or has a potential hazard to it to balance these setups correctly, anyone would take hold of it without question .....so the Minolta "lens" must go because it doesn't have that 'withdraw your hand' moment to it, balance in idiocracy is a key ingredient...

Come on you can do worse than that

(Anthesis of practicality and logic)

Last edited by wildlight images on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:33 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much fun.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much fun... Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Wow, Ian, where did you find those cool CPO TCs? I'm a big fan of Century and its products. I own a couple of their telephotos, but would like to own more.

Century was acquired by Schneider a few years ago, but they're still cranking out some rather high-end stuff, especially for the movie industry.

Picked them up on ebay dirt cheap as sometimes people list things with no idea what they are or what they are worth, I have several more of them of various models.