Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The VmFT System - micro 4/3 version of VNex concept
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: The VmFT System - micro 4/3 version of VNex concept Reply with quote

(EDIT because of image lost, me i recover pictures and ad the newest informations on 08-11-2014 as the new timestamp)

The VµFT in the meantime is renamed to "VNEX uni" (= universal) !

Let us talk a bit about the µFT Version of the VNEX concept...

After selling a lot of the VNEX Systems, there are lots of people asking for a version for her µFT cams, especially Olympus Users are interested in a version which will fit to their PEN cams.

We have heard that whishes and after a longer period of researching, planing and making new technical plans to achive similiar feature as in the VNEX for Sony cams, we found a solution to use nearly the same enlarger lenses, as people already did use with the bigger VNEX System.

The most difficult part of the development was the smaller inner diameter of the µFT Mount which has a maximum to 36.23mm on a typical µFT - Adaptor.

Compaired to a Sony E-Mount with an inner Adaptor - Diameter of 41.23mm, the µFT mount is a lot smaller.

So we cant use the same Tubes and have to change a lot of things to let a focussing tube intruding into the cam mount, which is neccessary to get infinity focus.

Since the register distance for µFT cams is 19.62mm away from sensor plane, which is 1.62 more compaired to Sony -E Mount, we also have to build a new "housing" to cut down this differences in the Alloy body...

As stated, the inner diameter of the focussing tube is only ~ 30mm on the VµFT System indstead of 35mm on the VNEX System.

So definetely Take care for the maximum diameter of your enlarger lens rear lenses... if they have a focal length of less then 70-80mm and a higher diameter of 30mm, possibly they will not fit to this system!

But most of the enlarger lenses we try out and are more "normal" like EL Nikkor N 2.8/50mm, SK Componon-S 2.8/50mm, APO Rodagon N 2.8/50mm, Leica Focotar's and lots more will fit to the system an give you this lenses in use as a "taking lens" with very, very good results.

Let me explain a further very interesting part of the concept for these VµFT "named" System...

The VµFT was initially created for µFT cams like Pana or Olympus Pen cams...

But why should it not be possible to change the mounts to every cam you prefer?

So we decided to let yourself change the unit to every mount you need and want, only with a single and simple 52mm reverse ring to your camera mount...

The owner gets the ability, to keep the system if he change his own gear lets say from µFT to Sony Nex or from Sony NEX to Fuji - X1,2 or Pro... Nikon 1

Simply buy a 52mm reverse ring for your new cam... no matter Sony, Fuji, µFT or Canon EOS-M... whatever you want, remount the VµFT on this new reverse ring and everything will work again.

We did make also a change in the "look" of the M39 connection rings...
now the look & feel of the ring is like a normal focus ring...

This is the look on a silver Olympus µFT PEN E-P2

And now the same Unit working on a Sony NEX 7 !!! only remounted by a simple 52mm filterthread reverse ring.

Cheers
Henry

Last edited by hinnerker on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:21 pm; edited 7 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry,

isn't that dependent on the focal length of those mentioned enlarger lenses, as that implies quite different back focal length? Which focal lengths does VNEX /Vu43 support (for infinity)?

Surely the diameter of the rear (often protruding) lens element has an impact.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to buy a VµFT-system, contact Henry, aka Hinnerker on the forum.

Look of the previous version of the VµFT system on Olympus Pen E-P2 with a M39 Industar-50 directly mounted on the system.
That's a very good job, very well done.
Thank you Henry.

Last edited by Olivier on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:23 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the VµFT-system (complete set including the base with helicoid, an extension tube, a connector plate for mounting the lens).
The lens is a H Roussel Trylor 85mm f:6.5

As the VµFT-system uses a basic 52mm thread to m4/3 mount, it is possible to also mount it on Canon Eos by using a 52mm to Eos reverse ring :

Last edited by Olivier on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:31 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Henry,

isn't that dependent on the focal length of those mentioned enlarger lenses, as that implies quite different back focal length? Which focal lengths does VNEX /Vu43 support (for infinity)?

Surely the diameter of the rear (often protruding) lens element has an impact.

Yes Klaus, it depends on focal length of those enlarger lenses. If you do use for example enlarger lenses of 80mm focal lenght, the additional distance extension tubes do have an inner diameter of about 35mm instead off the 30mm diameter, the focussing tube itself has for 50mm enlarger lenses, so the lenses which could have dfficulties on the focussing tube with only 30mm in diameter should work on the extension tubes you need to get the correct register distance for those focal lengths.

The VNEX System / VµFT supports focal lengths of minimum 50mm (under some circumstances also 40mm) and above. For focal lengths of 80mm you need to mount the 25mm tube for register distance clearing. If you want to use 105mm enlarger lenses like the 5.6/105 componon or Rodagons, you have to cascade a further tube for register clearing... but it will gives you infinity focus.

Lets say in these words.... if you stack or combine enough tubes, you can build your own telescope... Very Happy

But clearly it doesnt make any sense.
The best way is to use small enlarger devices of 50 and 80mm focal lenghts, they are small and compact with very good results as taking lenses.

A Nikkor N 2.8/50mm or an APO Rodagon N 2.8/50mm i do prefer on my cams for most of the situations. Sometimes i use an APO Rodagon 80mm or a SK 80 mm....

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: 35mm Nikon Reply with quote

A really small 35mm fitted to a hyperflat helix via one of the VNEX rings.Focusses to infinity. The optical element comes from a dead NIKONOS. It is identical to the 35s used on the S1-SP.

p.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having used and enjoyed the VNEX (sold it when I sold my NEX cams, though), I now have ordered the VµFT.
And I am really looking forward to having that system again. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VµFT really looks professionally crafted!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the VµFT-system (complete set including the base with helicoid, an extension tube, a connector plate for mounting the lens).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chal45oye wrote:

Sorry, but "there" isn't anything visible... Wink

Include picture link(s), and don't wonder that you won't see anything, it is a anti-spam measure, I'll make it visible then...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Brings back memories... Reply with quote

Congratulations - this looks like a great idea - I'll have to look into getting one!

It brings back memories of my first darkroom - I had been given an old enlarger with no lens, and crafted an adapter to use my Zuiko 50mm f1.8 35mm lens for black and white prints....with great results....I can still smell the fixer Smile