Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Rucellai Chapel in Florence
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: The Rucellai Chapel in Florence Reply with quote

This is a video I worked on - mostly editing and PP, i went shooting just for one day - it's almost completely shot with a set of canon fd lenses (i used a 1.4/50 and a 2/35 but some more were used the other days) mounted on a nex 5n (few shots) or an e-mount camcorder.

The video was made for the re-opening of the rucellai chapel (made by the important renaissance architect Leon Battista Alberti) to the public after some maintenance work.

As I said above I was involved mostly for the editing, grading and graphics.

It's a bit long, but I hope you enjoy it.

https://vimeo.com/64104741

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent !
Thank you for sharing , I came upon your post when searching images from Florence which is one of my dearest cityes .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job it's translated! I guess the chapel has a lot of english-speaking visitors. I got the most out of the 3d visualisations and the editing tbh but it's nicely shot. I think using a slider with architecture really helps the viewer imagine the nature of the space, I felt that was a lot stronger than the static shots and pans and such.

It seems a very conscious decision just to feature the architecture with voiceover and details, and not have people in shot, but it seems quite austere to me. I quite happily watched the whole thing but I don't think it's going to make many who aren't already interested in Alberti want to learn more, but I bet the guys at the chapel loved it, you should be proud of it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS is what we expect to see in a professional level video work. Saw from the 00:00 till the last frame. Congrats, work very well done.
I had some troubles only to follow the translation: the words are small and a bit distant from the main frame, making me "jump" from the frame to the text too often,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazingly well done! Great work! I know all these places, but now I know it much more in detail - appreciate it!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Excellent !
Thank you for sharing , I came upon your post when searching images from Florence which is one of my dearest cityes .

Thanks. There's so much to see in Florence, that often small gems like this are necessarily a bit overlooked, both by tourists and local authorities that should keep things in good state, and promote them.

escalinci wrote:
Good job it's translated! I guess the chapel has a lot of english-speaking visitors. I got the most out of the 3d visualisations and the editing tbh but it's nicely shot. I think using a slider with architecture really helps the viewer imagine the nature of the space, I felt that was a lot stronger than the static shots and pans and such.

It seems a very conscious decision just to feature the architecture with voiceover and details, and not have people in shot, but it seems quite austere to me. I quite happily watched the whole thing but I don't think it's going to make many who aren't already interested in Alberti want to learn more, but I bet the guys at the chapel loved it, you should be proud of it.

Thanks - yes there are many visitors from all over the world (I suggested to record the voice over in english, actually).
The "austere" style is chosen, it was proposed to the administrators by the director, and they immediately appreciated the idea: consider that this video wil be played in the chapel, just before visiting the Sacello, on a big screen, with people sitting in front of it.
So the main target for it is someone who already know about Alberti's major works, as I said, "casual" visitors have much bigger and more important things to see when in Florence.
I'm quite happy with the editing, and I'm happy to be able to show something, since I usually make multimedia content for interactive installations that would make no sense showing outside the environment they were intended for.
We used a couple of sliders, and we also had a little crane for the shooting inside the chapel: it's incredibly narrow there, and the working space around the sacello is extremely little, so being able to move also in vertical was really useful.

RSalles wrote:
THIS is what we expect to see in a professional level video work. Saw from the 00:00 till the last frame. Congrats, work very well done.
I had some troubles only to follow the translation: the words are small and a bit distant from the main frame, making me "jump" from the frame to the text too often,
Cheers,
Renato

Thanks, glad you liked it.
Not to blame other's people work, but the placement of the subtitles (also the timing of them) disappointed me a bit, but the guys that decide decided like this.
For the font size, the video was intended to be seen on a 50 inches led TV in the chapel, so resized for web it looks necessarily a bit small.

kds315* wrote:
Amazingly well done! Great work! I know all these places, but now I know it much more in detail - appreciate it!

Thanks Klaus.
Actually, this was the exact purpose of this video: giving people that already know something about Florence and the Renaissance history and art a more specific insight on the links between important families, artists and the city back then.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work, did Renzi pay you? Razz
Seriously: beautiful quality production.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Excellent work, did Renzi pay you? Razz
Seriously: beautiful quality production.

Thanks Orio.

Luckily, the ones supposed to pay us were a private foundation - that's what I understood - so we could get our money almost immediately.
My (indirect) experiences in getting money from public institutions are not as good.