Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Return of the Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 Close Focusing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eriet30 wrote:
WolverineX wrote:
edri wrote:
Exist this lens under other names of other brands? What are they?

Promura 1:2,8/135 mm Tele Macro

Panagor PMC Auto Macro 1:2,8/135 mm

Rokunar V-HQ Macro 1:2,8/135 mm

Toyo 1:2,8/135 mm Macro Telephoto

to be this lens it has to have 62mm filter diameter

How do you know the Toyo is made by the same company and is it Toyo Optics? any help verifying would be most appreciated. Thanks

my source is this:
http://olypedia.de/Vivitar_Auto_Telephoto_Close_Focusing_1:2,8/135_mm

as i said to be this lens it has to have 62mm filter diameter, so if the lens you need verification for has that diameter, it most probably is this lens

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you... I cant get verification on the 62mm from a source... should have said that in my post so hoping the "macro" is the real deal.

Appreciate the help!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Vivitar's serial number's first two digits are 28, which means it was made by Komine. You can see it in the first group of photos in this thread. Komine is not a particularly well known builder, but they have built some excellent optics for Vivitar in the past, for example, the Series 1 28-90mm f/2.8-3.5 varifocal lens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the exact lens were sold in other brands, at least not in the same focusing helicoid.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have known of this lens for quite a while. I have owned the Vivitar 90/2.8 (sometimes denoted as 2.5) and 55/2.8 of similar mechanical design. I did a write-up of the 90mm here http://makingnottaking.blogspot.com/2009/10/vivitar-90mm-f25-11-macro-lens.html. I found them to be good lenses. Never owned the 135mm though I would expect similar performance.

Quote:
I don't think the exact lens were sold in other brands, at least not in the same focusing helicoid.

I agree with calvin83 that I have never seen this same optic rebranded as any other. The 90mm however, I have seen in nearly all the brands mentioned by WolverineX. But that has just been my experience.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

like many lenses that we don't have exact information on, existence of these would need to be confirmed by someone who has them,then we could be sure if they are the same lens or different.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I won the auction so I will receive it next week. Do my best to help identify what a "toyo 135 macro 2.8" really is.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Hi Michael

I've been looking for this lens for some time and recently found one in near mint condition - see below.

http://forum.mflenses.com/vivitar-2-8-135-close-focusing-t68393.html

I'll post some samples when I get a chance to use it, the weather here is dismal atm! Rolling Eyes Smile

Taken on Sony NEX5T @ f11

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew! Outstanding!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Ed.can't wait 'til mine arrives.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few more I took with this lens. All photos were taken with the Vivitar 135/2.8's aperture set to f/8, and all shots were taken hand-held:

Red Rose:

White Rose:

Pink Azalea:

Yellow Hibiscus:

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael,after reading your post I somehow ended up buying this...

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice shots Michael..

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Hi Michael,after reading your post I somehow ended up buying this...

Wow, looks great in silver! Mr. Green

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Here are a few more I took with this lens. All photos were taken with the Vivitar 135/2.8's aperture set to f/8, and all shots were taken hand-held:

Nice shots Michael. To be honest I cannot obtain sharp enough photos hand-holding a macro lens of any focal length in natural light so I tend to bring my subjects inside to photograph with the camera firmly fixed to a tripod! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say? I get lazy at times, and decide that I don't need to mess with a tripod, especially in the case of this lens, when I can keep shutter speeds at 1/125 or faster. Using the sunny f/16 rule, that's 1/500 @ f/8 at ISO 100. I was in the shade when I took these shots, though, so figure two stops more open, in which case, I'd still be at 1/125 @ f/8. Which is hand-holdable if I stay quite still.

Oh yeah, hey Kryss, do you know the story behind your chrome version? It looks quite nice, really. I especially like the contrast between the matte chrome and polished chrome look.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Michael, see "pimped lenses etc. on page 2 of this forum by Pancolart" gives link to dcshooter on Pentax forum who performs this transition on lenses. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bokeh side of the lens :

Crop 100%

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone or everyone with one of these lenses, I have a PK mount version that I sent out to Marc Jensen to have him reassemble after I skillfully Embarassed disassembled. He is missing a part. I found this and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if this looks like a spacer that is under the mount?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has a Olympus OM mount with no spacer between the mount and the aperture that I can see. Of course, it may be different on a Pentax model.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb condition Ed,mine should be here this week. Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this picture on the forum of this lens with a Pentax PK mount (courtesy of kryss).
It appears to have the spacer you mention:-

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right, Edgar, thank you.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi woodrim,

this part list migt be useful (page 12)
http://www.boggys.co.uk/download.php?filename=Vivitar_135mm_f2.8_Close_Focusing_IPL_400dpi.pdf

kind regards
hasan

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hasan wrote:
hi woodrim,

this part list migt be useful (page 12)
http://www.boggys.co.uk/download.php?filename=Vivitar_135mm_f2.8_Close_Focusing_IPL_400dpi.pdf

kind regards
hasan

Yes, very much. Confirms the part I have here to be #194, Protective Ring. Thank you.