Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Pets thread (was: Image of Your Pets)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is. If you watch it and wait is he where to go, he is slow like snail, if you don't watch it he is run pretty fast Smile I love him so much , he was little like a coin and now after two years bigger than my hand. We call him "silent partner" because two other guy can make big noise, pure Geza couldn't so we need more attention to him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally my last pet ...

Kidding of course...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, Attila, what lens took that? Shocked

Well, I've plastered this place with enough pics of my cat, so here's
a pair of my fish, can fish be pets?

Using two flashes offcamera, all manual settings, with the Tammie SP
35-80mm zoom.

Bill

Last edited by Katastrofo on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, fish can be very good pets, I had many in the past. They can be lovely as any animal. Nice capture, to make good fish pictures I guess not easy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Finally my last pet ...

Attila, you ought to give me the name and street of your pet shop... Shocked Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Smile Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the first one of Paco. He is hard to catch sitting still. This one is with the trioplan. He is cute but not as cute as Attilas last one.

[img][/img][/url]

Upload tool is not working right now so here is imageshack link

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forever in move isn't it ? Cute little guy!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila turtle is lovely but I vote for Attila last pet Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Sam. We lost him a couple of years ago to Lymphoedema aged 11. He was the most docile, affectionate and faithful creature you could ever find. We miss him.

Last edited by peterqd on Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sorry to loose him! Please check image it's doesn't show up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Very sorry to loose him! Please check image it's doesn't show up.

That's weird - it wouldn't work until I posted a new message!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody fixed link, when I tried to fix first link was different.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter
We had the short hair version of Sam (named Shandy) - he helped the kids grow up and we all cried like babies when it was time to have him put out of his pain.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hubert

I just wish I could handle the Oly300 as well as you. Today I had to throw out more than 60% of my shots because of poor focus. Old eyes just cant hack it Sad Sad Sad

Lovely cats

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not order a focus confirmation adapter ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Today I had to throw out more than 60% of my shots because of poor focus. Old eyes just cant hack it Sad Sad Sad

Oh Patrick, I understand you so well! I'm long-sighted. I can't read anything within arm's length and I can't see my watch or my phone without reading glasses. It could be a lot worse, of course, so I'm not complaining, but I'd love it if I could find a decent way round it. I need to wear glasses to read the dials on the lenses and the camera controls, but they make looking through the eyepiece more difficult, and I can't see anything at a distance. When I'm taking a shot I usually find I've unconsciously pushed the glasses up above my forehead.

The Canon's adjustable diopter lens is a godsend, but the screen is so small and dark that I lose the benefit of it, and this is one reason why the TLR is fun to use, because of it big screen and loupe lens. My older SLRs don't have any diopter adjustment and, like you, I just cant's see to focus properly.

At present I'm trying out different ideas to make it easier. I recently bought a little Pentax correction lens that slips over the eyepiece Click here to see on Ebay. This is a great help ideed. It's designed for Pentax-M cameras and later, but it also fits the older Spotmatics, although a little too loose. I don't know if it would fit your Nikon cameras, but it fits on the Canon perfectly. They're fairly rare but it's worth making a favourite search for "Pentax correction" on Ebay. I waited about 4 months for mine and, as you see, they're not expensive.

My latest idea is to use an angle-finder, which I haven't had a chance to test properly yet:

It has wonderful diopter adjustment but hopes that it also magnifies were dashed, and it reverses the image like the TLR and if anything makes it a little darker too. But well worth it for the price, I would say. This one was in mint condition and cost ?22 +postage, as they seem to be quite popular.
Again, it fits all the Pentax cameras and my Canon too.

[edit] Have you tried the cheapo Chinese anglefinders? The ads say they have a switch for 1.0x and 2.5x magnification. Might be worth a try?[/edit]

Please let me know if find any better ideas! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter - thanks for the tips. I tried the angled finder thingy, but was constantly thrown by the "looking down" instead of "at". Must try again.

Attila - I also want better than 2x fov effect. I find that halving the effective fov is very frustrating. Treating a 35mm lens as a medium tele is too much for me. On the Canon it will be just over 50mm equivalent. Sad Sad Sad

pattrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Peter: curiously looking pet Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon make a range of eyepiece diopter adjusters. They are more common in the circular screw-in format for Nikon manual cameras and the D1, but they are made for the rectangular format for modern Nikon DSLR as well.

Click here to see on Ebay

I use the Dk-21M adapter which gives a small amount of magnification (1.17x). Click here to see on Ebay. And I have the diopter adjustment on the viewfinder all the way up. I'm shortsighted (especially in the right eye), wear glasses for that, but as I am getting older my closest-focus distance is lengthening as well.

Frankly that never bothered me before, but now I have an SLR, peering through the little viewfinder is the only option as DSLR are only this year getting live view. Previously I would use the LCD screen which is larger, clearer and can be magnified.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiveView will surely be useful with still subjects but it will not be useful with moving subjects, because with them often the natural delay of our eye-brain-body system is enough to make shooting difficult, and we don't need another delay to be summed up with it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
@ Peter: curiously looking pet Wink Laughing

Smile Very Happy Well, I don't have any live pets and I didn't want to feel left out, did I? Smile

Even though it was a close-up, I'm amazed by how sharp that picture is straight from the camera. Tamron SP 28-80

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
Click here to see on Ebay

The diopter eyepiece is similar to my Pentax one and I'd use it a lot if I could find a way to fix it more securely on the older cameras. I wonder if the Nikon one would be a better fit? This one is -2.0 diopters which I guess would suit your short-sightedness Chris. I need +1 or +1.5

The magnifying eyecup looks interesting too, but they don't give any info about its dioptric qualities. I think I'll send them a question about it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris and peter - thanks both of you. A major part of my problem is that I wear bifocals, but that add-on looks like something I could use.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other old moggie who bosses me about - Samira (ISO1600, Nikkor 35mm, f2, wide open):