Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The new electronic viewfinder for Oly pen
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: The new electronic viewfinder for Oly pen Reply with quote

I was hoping that Olympus will release with the new Pen bodies a new version of the electronic viewfinder with better resolution.
The VF-2 looks kind of outdated currently.

And now i read that:
http://forums.dpreview.com/news/1107/11072705olyepl3pricingvf3.asp

Yes .. there will be VF-3 and it will have 30% lower resolution than VF-2.. for cost savings i suppose..

Unfortunately things are not going in the right direction.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan i have the original vf and it is outstanding. i could not imagine a better evf, and i believe it has received outstanding reviews, especially when compared to its competition from panasonic and samsung. in low light it operates like a piece of sophisticated military equipment! you should give one a try.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it too - it was in a kit with the E-P2.
I was wondering if it may be actually better if the resolution improves.

I'm planing to get the optical one for the 17mm pancake - just for framing.
It should be smaller and brighter.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i didnt realize you had it. almost everyone i know, including me, really loves it. sorry youre not enjoying it. have you used a better evf? you know you can brighten the view through settings, both through a 'brightness' function and a 'boost' function-perhaps these would help. it also has an adjustable diopter ring to match with your vision.