Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The most beautiful 135mm lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which 135 lens is the most beautiful one?
CZJ Triotar 135/4
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
CZJ Sonnar 135/4
4%
 4%  [ 9 ]
CZJ Sonnar zebra 135/3.5
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
CZJ Sonnar MC 135/3.5
15%
 15%  [ 33 ]
Jupiter-11 135/4
7%
 7%  [ 16 ]
Jupiter-37A/AM 135/3.5
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Tair-11A 135/2.8
10%
 10%  [ 22 ]
Super / S-M-C Takumar 135/3.5
7%
 7%  [ 16 ]
Super / S-M-C Takumar 135/2.5
13%
 13%  [ 29 ]
another one (specify)
33%
 33%  [ 73 ]
Total Votes : 220

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Séamuis wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:
Séamuis wrote:
Asahi-Kogaku Tele-Takumar135/3.5

that things a real beauty...

Absolutely!

I knew you were going to post that photo! im so jealous. it really is a gorgeous lens.

Another vote for this beauty.

I only got a Jupiter 37A personally and it's ugly as sin, but it does the job.. so I don't care much. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agfa Color-Telinear 135/4

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT question, how do you mount these lens(with the exception of #2) to an EOS?

Farside wrote:
I have four faves for good-looking

1. Steinheil Tele-Quinar 2.8

2. Meyer Optik Gorlitz zebra or the earliest Pentacon zebra

3. Voigtlander Super Dynarex f:4

4. Kodak Retina Tele-Xenar f:4

But not necessarily in that order.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheve wrote:

Farside wrote:

An adapter exists for the Retina Reflex and Voigtlander lenses to EOS.
They sell on eBay for $130

As for the Steinheil, what mount is it? Exakta?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, voted for the Takumar 135/3.5, a lens I fell in love with after seeing Laurence's photo of it Very Happy

My copy:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: have you adapted it to M42? Reply with quote

have you adapted it to M42?

if so, how?
I have a 100/3.5 that I have only tried holding up to the k20 and would like to find an adaptor to m42.

they are beautiful lenses.

Spotmatic wrote:
Séamuis wrote:

Absolutely!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: have you adapted it to M42? Reply with quote

lcallow wrote:
have you adapted it to M42?

if so, how?
I have a 100/3.5 that I have only tried holding up to the k20 and would like to find an adaptor to m42.

they are beautiful lenses.

Spotmatic wrote:
Séamuis wrote:

Absolutely!

you need an m37 to m42 adapter to fit inside an m42 to K adapter. Asahi Pentax made them for a period of time after switching to m42, but they are extremely rare, especially in the US. Spotmatic has one.. in fact hes the only person I know who has one. ive been looking for one for a few years now. mind showing us a picture of the adapter, mate?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dof wrote:
cheve wrote:

Farside wrote:

An adapter exists for the Retina Reflex and Voigtlander lenses to EOS.
They sell on eBay for $130

As for the Steinheil, what mount is it? Exakta?

I have Steinheils in both Exakta (200mm) and M42 (135mm) mounts - the mount itself is removable and interchangeable. When I need to use the 200, I simply remove the mount from the 135 (three flat-head screws), and attach it to the other lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted 3.5/135 Sonnar. It's one of 4 135s I have.

I should really try the Tak as I've owned it since September and not even mounted it on my camera yet!
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I should really try the Tak as I've owned it since September and not even mounted it on my camera yet!
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

The Tak will not disappoint you, it's a true pleasure to work with Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, I forgot my 5th 135mm, Voigtlander Super-Dynarex 135/4. That's beautiful, too. But I think it's still 2nd to Sonnar MC.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djmike wrote:
Gee, I forgot my 5th 135mm, Voigtlander Super-Dynarex 135/4. That's beautiful, too. But I think it's still 2nd to Sonnar MC.

Great lens indeed. You can mount it to your Canon with the help of Alex' DKL adapter. I have tried it and it's a great piece of kit!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar 135 f/2.8 preset T-mount.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: have you adapted it to M42? Reply with quote

Séamuis wrote:
you need an m37 to m42 adapter to fit inside an m42 to K adapter. Asahi Pentax made them for a period of time after switching to m42, but they are extremely rare, especially in the US. Spotmatic has one.. in fact hes the only person I know who has one. ive been looking for one for a few years now. mind showing us a picture of the adapter, mate?

The good news is that I have been working together with Alex to make a limited production run of Asahiflex M37 to M42 adapters (based on my original one, which is temporarily is his possession for measurements and testing). These adapters are now ready and will be available soon!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: have you adapted it to M42? Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Séamuis wrote:

The good news is that I have been working together with Alex to make a limited production run of Asahiflex M37 to M42 adapters (based on my original one, which is temporarily is his possession for measurements and testing). These adapters are now ready and will be available soon!

what will the price be? I would be VERY interested in purchasing such an adapter. VERY interested.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: have you adapted it to M42? Reply with quote

Séamuis wrote:

what will the price be? I would be VERY interested in purchasing such an adapter. VERY interested.

That's a good question. I'll let Alex answer that one, no doubt he'll chime in soon. It should be noted, however, that you'll lose infinity with this adapter. That's the case on the original too; it needs a rim that rests on the M42 mount, otherwise you would never be able to remove the adapter again.

Of course, a handy person could file off the rim and fix the ring with glue in for example a M42-EOS or PK-M42 adapter, thus retaining infinity. It would have been too expensive to have dedicated M37 to EOS or M37 to PK rings machined.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: have you adapted it to M42? Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Séamuis wrote:

That's a good question. I'll let Alex answer that one, no doubt he'll chime in soon. It should be noted, however, that you'll lose infinity with this adapter. That's the case on the original too; it needs a rim that rests on the M42 mount, otherwise you would never be able to remove the adapter again.

Of course, a handy person could file off the rim and fix the ring with glue in for example a M42-EOS or PK-M42 adapter, thus retaining infinity. It would have been too expensive to have dedicated M37 to EOS or M37 to PK rings machined.

not a problem, if that's how the adapter was originally. I would just like to be able to mount and use an m37 lens. if the adapter isn't too expensive I will buy more than one and modify it to mount permanently to one of my m42 adapters and retain infinity.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite 135mm lens has been for many years the Nikkor 135mm f/2.8 -- in AI mount, but I'm sure the same formula was used in different mount flavors.

Best,
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the looks of my Berolina 135mm f2.8:

and Tele-Kominar 135mm f3.5:

both small, light presets ( but both also in quite heavily used condition )

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: have you adapted it to M42? Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:

WOOT!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheve wrote:

Farside wrote:

The Steinheil was available in Exacta and M42 plus others, probably. Easy to find adapters.

The Voigtlander and Kodak used a Deckel mount which Alex (hk300) here, sells an adapter to M42 for. I think he does one for Nikon and EOS also. €60 or €70, depending.
I use the DKL>M42 adapter and it fits anything I'm likely to want to put the lenses on.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen some beautiful lenses here, but for performance, my favorite
is the 4/135 CZJ Sonnar I have in Exakta mount.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Sonnario too!
4/135 my best performer and stylish too

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

135mm CZJ great performer , but take a look on others too.

For Exakta mount Steinheil 135mm f2.8 is better performer more sharp and more faster.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this message is outdated and deleted!

Last edited by Aykman on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total