Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The meaning of meyer-optik logo's
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: The meaning of meyer-optik logo's Reply with quote

I am not talking about the modern meyers, but the legacy ones. They seem to have three different logo's like russian lenses:

and this one

and this one:

Can't find any others. Does anyone know their meaning and what they can tell you about your copy?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magic blog: "PHOTO but MORE"

Horst
Neuhaus

http://photobutmore.de/exakta/zeiss/

(look second half of the page)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those markings are from the "East Germany/DDR" era and, I believe, were meant to indicate a particular standard of quality - perhaps those supposedly for the export market. I don't think they were confined to Meyer lenses, nor indeed that they really indicated anything special about the quality. Other Forum members will perhaps have more definite information.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread here - http://forum.mflenses.com/q1-marked-lenses-from-gdr-are-actualy-better-than-non-q1-t67880.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
magic blog: "PHOTO but MORE"

Horst
Neuhaus

http://photobutmore.de/exakta/zeiss/

(look second half of the page)

Thanks, so they are quality markings

Qualitätszeichen / Gütezeichen

Seit 1952 wurden vom Amt für Standardisierung, Messwesen und Warenprüfung (ASMW) - der Warenprüfanstalt der DDR - Gütezeichen vergeben. Es galten bei "klassifizierungspflichtigen Erzeugnissen die mit hoher Effektivität" hergestellt werden:

First Pic: „Q1“ für Weltmarktspitzenerzeugnisse war das höchste Qualitätssiegel der DDR (world market top qualification was the highest seal of quality)

Second pic:
Gütesiegel „1“ für Erzeugnisse deren Gebrauchseigenschaften mit denen anderer Erzeugnisse auf dem Weltmarkt
vergleichbar sind – die 1 stand dabei in einem Dreieck, meist/\, aber auch\/ (1 in triangle, for the east german market but comparable to Q1)

No pic: Gütesiegel „2“ (ebenfalls im Dreieck) bedeutet, mit anderen DDR-Erzeugnissen vergleichbare Qualität (2 in triangle is DDR quality, whatever that means)

Third pic: wenn nur ein leeres Dreieck dargestellt ist, besteht keine Vergleichbarkeit. (no comparison to other significations so probably just for local or Comecon countries)

No pic:"Das Gütesiegel „/S\“ liegt in der Wertung zwischen Q1 und 1. (triangle with s in it, quality between pic one and pic 2)

Produkte mit Gütesiegel Q1, /S\ oder /1\ galten üblicherweise als für den Export geeignet. (pic 1 pic 2 and triangle s were good enough for export)

reference:

apparently they were also on the CZJ lenses. But they stopped using them in 1971 though the were some lenses in 69/70 that also did not have them.
My Pentacon 200-4 zebra doesn't have one, but a Pentacon symbol instead.

Last edited by D1N0 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzywuzzy wrote:
Old thread here - http://forum.mflenses.com/q1-marked-lenses-from-gdr-are-actualy-better-than-non-q1-t67880.html

That also clarifies things a lot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small

D1N0: thank you. That's really helpful info. Now I've got to go check my Myers lenses.

This is my first post BTW. Been lurking for awhile. Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serendipity wrote:
Like 1 small

D1N0: thank you. That's really helpful info. Now I've got to go check my Myers lenses.

This is my first post BTW. Been lurking for awhile. Cheers.

Welcome.