Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Industar-61 L/Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: The Industar-61 L/Z Reply with quote

I have known two photographers who had the Industar-61 L/Z, and one who had the Industar-61 L/D (which I think is 39mm mount and a whole different lens build), and all three of them were wholly satisfied with the performance. In fact, one of the guys felt the L/Z was quite possibly his best lens.

My interest lies in the Industar-61 L/Z, which is for M42 camera mounts. I see the nice review on this MFlenses site (was this your review, Attila?), and it is a handsome piece of metal and glass to me.

I am wondering if it's a "true" macro? I would assume that to be called a macro it should at least go to 1:2 or better?

Anyway, it seems that this is another sort of underdog lens that might be a good bet to try out.

I would love to hear the opinions of anybody with knowledge of the lens!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Laurence
Article who compare Volna 9 vs Industar 61 L/Z
http://www.xs4all.nl/~tomtiger/russcam/volnaindus.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poilu, thanks for the link. Interesting

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The industar is a modified tessar design. Nice and sharp in the center...sizable drop off on the edges. It is not a "true" macro; something like 28cm min focus distance (the volna is 23cm). From what I've heard it’s a really nice close-up lens but the results from infinity are rather flat and uncharacteristic. Nothing really pops. It’s a horrible portrait lens, much much to sharp for most but some people are into sharp portraits so I guess that’s a judgment type claim. Other than that it’s a fairly neutral lens nothing over-saturated or over-contrasty plus it has an interesting star-shaped iris…so highlights might be desirable.

Hope this is of some help
Cheerio
~Marc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some test shots and small reviews:

http://m42.artlimited.net/lens_detail.php?lid=200

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting link Flor

patrickh