Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Indecicive moment
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: The Indecicive moment Reply with quote

... or, when two photographs occupy the same frame. I'm thinking either scene - woman with contrasting dogs, or woman squatting to take a pic of tyke - by themselves would have potential. Unfortunately, superimposed like this they are a mish-mosh and a miss.

two photos, superimposed, ruin each other by Nesster, on Flickr

I'd love to see other Indecisive Moments captured, maybe as a tutorial of What Not To Do... Laughing

(OM2n, Zuiko 35-70 / 3.5-4.5, Kodacolor/Colorplus 200

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really a pity, the contrasting dogs were so funny! Very Happy
BTW I have countless of these accidents, usually delete them though Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would keep this pic in a heartbeat. Love the color echoes of the little dog's cover, boy's helmet and scooter, the dogs are the same
color. Obviously the lady squatting down to take the boy's picture is married to a plumber! Laughing Both dogs are out of step with the
mistress, but the little dog is closer. You're getting much better results than I did with this film, nice snap.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either shot would have been Great ! It's still ok though ! That's always been the fun part of film when shooting street scenes ! Waiting to see the results to find out if if everything in the frame is what you thought you caught . Oh how many times has an extra head or hand or rear end poked its way into the side of a frame for me Wink so many shots a half second off and what would have been hilarious becomes just another crowd shot Smile maybe 1 or 2 shots come out well for me when shooting on a street if I'm lucky !!! It doesn't make it any less fun though .

Sometimes the stars just don't align !

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly what you have in mind with this thread, but somehow related: last Saturday in Bologna I wanted to take this photo (which I finally got) of this old barber shop.
The old shop frame, the situation inside, with one client on the chair and the other waiting, the brick wall, the old bicycle... everything was just perfect:

But before I could take the image, I had to wait for a number of people to get away. First it was a couple of bike tourists, who stopped to chat right in front of the shop window.
Then, it was these young guys, who stopped there to chat and eat ice cream.
I was getting nervous because I was afraid that the scene behind may change (the waiting man could take the place on the chair... the old bicycle could be taken away...)
Luckily this did not happen so I could take the photo in the end, but while I was waiting, I thought 'why not photograph these scene also" with the young guys in front:

So another picture resulted, which plays on the contrast of old vs. new (old shop, old clients, old bike vs. young guys outside), and of tradition vs. new times
(a very bolognese traditional shop scene vs. "new bolognese" young people including an asian girl - something that was almost impossible to see only 30 years ago.

So, while this is not exactly a case of untimely accident, I think it shows that sometimes these unwanted conditions may also take your photo to new directions, not necessarily worse or bad.
It shows one more time that when you are out on the street to photograph, you must be very flexible and willing to adjust and to take the most also from unexpected/unwanted situations.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crop to get rid of extraneous stuff on each side and I think it could work

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some PP like this ? Very Happy

You can also delete the boy if you wish.
Personaly I like the greens repeating on the boy, the skate and the dog.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a keeper, Jussi.
Hmm, am I the only one that noticed those pants sliding down ? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Laughing That's called the butt-crack clean-out process...