Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Great Cheapo Lens Challenge - 2 (Super Travenar 2.8/28)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now for a close up...I cheated and added a small extension tube for this one on my 60D @f/8:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Initial thoughts: The lens is horrendous! But a resize and a bit of pp never hurt anyone!

Don't beat about the bush Graham, tell it like it is ! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here's a landscape and a street shot. Now someone please take this hunk of crap the hell away from my cameras! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this challenge died? Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total fail! I completely didn't send this lens on, so sorry everyone! It's time to restart the challenge!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens has arrived with me today.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any progress Ed ? or is the thought of such a challenge making you delay the inevitable ? Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Any progress Ed ? or is the thought of such a challenge making you delay the inevitable ? Laughing

Embarassed OMG, is it that long since I received the lens! I've just gone to check and it is sitting patiently in my lens cupboard. I'll take some shots over the Christmas holidays and then pass it on to someone else.

Peter (peterqd) asked me some time ago if I would take on the administration of this challenge, and the two other lenses that are in circulation, and I agreed to do so. Since then I've been busy with work projects etc but I'll endeavour to resurrect the challenges in the New Year.

Thanks for reminding me! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has happened with the challenge and the lenses ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sometimes I wonder whatever happened to my Focal 28mm. I wouldn't mind getting it back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Yeah, sometimes I wonder whatever happened to my Focal 28mm. I wouldn't mind getting it back.

DigiChromeEd has it according to http://forum.mflenses.com/the-great-cheapo-lens-challenge-3-focal-2-8-28-t46230.html