Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The good from bad on ebay
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: The good from bad on ebay Reply with quote

I'm sure it's been brought up many times before but going through listings for lenses on ebay can be a real challenge in itself, you find very few decent pics, you ask for better pics but we all know how that goes, so how does one weed out the bad from the good.

You see the I’m selling for a friend lol, this is an estate find and all the others, you send questions off only to be not returned, you find the third party less common name lenses no one knows anything about, but mainly this is about the quality of those lenses.

Most having really poor pictures, poor description, some yellow with age making it hard to tell, you have no idea if there is fungus, if it focuses smooth, blades good, etc, does one just take a chance, pass it up, some have decent pics also but still somewhat hard to tell.

Just examples

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, but I see this as a game. Sometimes I loose, sometimes I win.
There are so many hidden gems hided in crappy auction pictures. And often the sellers think they get good money for garbage, laughing about you. They regard themselves as clever when they sold you a defect camera - the text was something like "I have no clue about this things, comes from my uncle... " - but they didn't realize that the lens is the real value and that they give away much money with their crappy descriptions and pictures. So the collector often laughs last.

On the other side I wouldn't buy an expensive lens in such an auction...

Michael