Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Gangs All Here. The Vivitar Chrome Nose Family
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for taking the time to ID the lenses in the pictures....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why wake up a thread from 2010? Why not start a new thread in the relevant forum Question

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because he is "Big Dawg" Like 1 Laugh 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Because he is "Big Dawg" Like 1 Laugh 1

Agreed and it is no joke.

Big Dawg is the leader on this forum where the chrome nose Vivitars are concerned, and other stuff, too.

After viewing and admiring Big Dawg's chrome nose collection I tried to find copies of some of those lenses for myself.

Fuggetaboutid

I found one lens, a forlorn 135 which I bought anyway figuring it was a start. Well, it was a start but it was also a finish. I could locate no more chrome nose Vivitars.

Big Dawg's collection is amazing. I do not know how he assembled it. Big Dawg owns the entire Vivitar chrome nose family. I own a Vivitar chrome nose orphan. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
I own a Vivitar chrome nose orphan. Crying or Very sad

Hurray for orphans! I'm currently taking mine apart to try and fix a stuck broken aperture pin. I just saw a nice "bright band" vivitar 135mm with leather case (the long lost cousin), sold on the bay for 14$.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philtr wrote:
guardian wrote:
I own a Vivitar chrome nose orphan. Crying or Very sad

Hurray for orphans! I'm currently taking mine apart to try and fix a stuck broken aperture pin. I just saw a nice "bright band" vivitar 135mm with leather case (the long lost cousin), sold on the bay for 14$.

Agreed. The "bright band" lenses are also attractive.

Neither series is an especially expensive "large money" acquisition. Money is not the problem. FINDING the darn lenses, of either series, is the problem. Big Dawg was smart. He got in years ahead of the rest of us. Now here I sit with no time machine. What's a lens collector to do? Sad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great collection--wonder how many hours of work it took to bring it from the status of wish to the status of reality--Kudos! I do not think the commandment: "Thou shalt not covet" applies to photography forums--the gods understand these things. Laugh 1 jt