Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Fujinon-M 5.6/63mm lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject: The Fujinon-M 5.6/63mm lens Reply with quote

That Fujinon-M 5.6/63mm lens I'm going to present here seems to be a rather rare one, catched as a bycatch when I was bidding for some other high resolution lens. It came with two sister lenses (25mm + 38mm), all seemingly from some high resolution reproduction or micro filming device. A fixed aperture inset they have. Will be a rather different shooting experience for me, as I'm so used now to using fast lenses wide open...

When I was searching for them, I found some on my friends Michio Akiyama redbook site here:
https://redbook-jp.com/redbook-e/spc3/c02.html

Was easy to mount into a focusing adapter, so I took it to the park the other day...

Full set is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157715470858457

I have always been liking Fujinon lenses, and again I'm quite impressed about this one I have to say...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Friends

Color reproduction is excellent, as expected for a repro lens. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Congrats Friends

Color reproduction is excellent, as expected for a repro lens. Like 1 small

Indeed it is, but I'm also amazed how well it works quite outside its defined parameters up to infinity!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These results look much better than a fast lens wide open.

I collect Fujinon-TV primes, probably have about 15 now, every one without exception is a superb lens.

Only seen a Fujinon-M once before, looked like it had come out of a machine, perhaps a Fujitsu photocopier?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good! Please show what the other two can do. Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats
Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Really good! Please show what the other two can do. Like 1

More difficult to mount due to short back focal length - have to find a solution first Wink