Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Farrier
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: The Farrier Reply with quote

Farrier by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Taken many years ago on my PENTAX 6x7 hopefully to get a sale through an Agency -- but NO SALES and all my 'Hard Copy' transparencies have been sent back as they want only 'Digital ' now -- I found it in my files, never scanned to show until now . I used the 105mm f2.4 SMC Takumar 6x7 lens and Agfa CT18 film long since discontinued !

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now that you've scanned the image, do you think they might accept it since it's now in "digital" form?

I know a lot of these agencies are super picky when it comes to film. Like claiming a photo is out of focus when it isn't (I got that a lot), even with medium format.

Best of luck to you, though, if you're still trying to sell film-based images to stock agencies. It's a tough row to hoe anymore. And it makes me wonder, how did stock agencies manage to survive 15, 20 years ago, when all they had to work with was all this sub-standard film stuff? Duplicitous bastards. That's what I think of the lot. I spent some 15-20 years putting together a slide and negative portfolio that I was selling as stock images -- making some money, not a lot, but I wasn't giving up. And then digital came along and just blew my several thousand images into smithereens. Their prejudice is pointless, since most images will be printed at the size of a post card or smaller. And film can still compete against digital very well at those reproduction sizes. Even 35mm.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooltouch -- thanks for your support -- all your words are exactly right ! I have stopped sending photos to Agencies now. Just do my Photography for these online Forums and my Club I also do a lot of tuitional youtube Videos ---
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfXUqe1-t2vHiM-lfDb-jhA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
Cooltouch -- thanks for your support -- all your words are exactly right ! I have stopped sending photos to Agencies now. Just do my Photography for these online Forums and my Club I also do a lot of tuitional youtube Videos ---
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfXUqe1-t2vHiM-lfDb-jhA

Cootouch; pentaxpete; Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1