Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The easy way to clean and re-lube a Carl Zeiss Pancolar 1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mareinke wrote:
I ended up removing the spring from aperture pin.
It would be possible to fix the aperture pin in position by adding a small piece of wire insulation to keep it pressed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y wrote:
mareinke wrote:
I ended up removing the spring from aperture pin.
It would be possible to fix the aperture pin in position by adding a small piece of wire insulation to keep it pressed.

I found it, aperture pin has inner thread for accurate adjustment, hold the part A, and turn the pin counterclockwise, and this change will affect the external pin length.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreq wrote:
Just to let you know,

I took 5 minute to rethink about this lens... it was looking at me, on my desk... waiting to be trashed.

Everything looked "ok" but the focus wasn't moving past 0.4m so I got that idea that maybe the focus ring was just not at the right place.

- I took the front of the lens apart (it unscrew and the front element fall with it).
- Unscrewed the focus-ring retaining disk/screw.
- Re-seated the focus ring to infinity (making sure to turn the helicoid to infinity first)
- Re-screwed everything back

Voila! It's working now! got focus from 0.35m to infinity. It's a bit stiff in the middle, I might need to work some more grease or something!

I found out that removing the front of the lens could be another way to relube the helicoid since it's way more exposed and easily accessible, I'll try to post picture when I have time. One would only have to set focus to 0.35m and unscrew the black/filter holder part.

Hi, can anyone help. I’ve pulled the lens apart, fixed the aperture blades and cleaned everything. Now I can’t join the helicoid back together. I pulled it apart by reading this and using YouTube. But the guy on YouTube made it look easy to screw the helicoid on. I just can’t get the threads to connect.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaz101 wrote:

Hi, can anyone help. I’ve pulled the lens apart, fixed the aperture blades and cleaned everything. Now I can’t join the helicoid back together. I pulled it apart by reading this and using YouTube. But the guy on YouTube made it look easy to screw the helicoid on. I just can’t get the threads to connect.

Keep trying. Sometimes it seems impossible and suddenly, you are in. It looks easier than it is, but if you keep trying yuo end up screwing it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zamo wrote:
Shaz101 wrote:

Keep trying. Sometimes it seems impossible and suddenly, you are in. It looks easier than it is, but if you keep trying yuo end up screwing it.

Place one half of lens on solid surface then try screw on other half -- easier than trying to hold both parts aligned. ..