Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Blind Accordionist
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: The Blind Accordionist Reply with quote

This is a very old picture I made in the late '70. It was made with a Chinese Seagull 6x6 TLR.
The negative got lost but a friend of mine found a paper enlargement and gave it back to me recently.
Here is a scan with some PP in SilverFast.

The original scan looks like this:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small very nice Dan!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Klaus!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! Too bad you lost the negative.
Iti mai amintesti unde cinta?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Looks great! Too bad you lost the negative.
Iti mai amintesti unde cinta?

Thank you.

Yes, I remember very well the morning I made this photo. It was a refreshing early summer morning with a very nice light and he was singing an old French chansonette in the Cofetaria Crizantema central zone of Constanta. The music, the light and his detached-from-the-world smile matched together very well, in a kind of magic atmosphere. That feeling is what I still remember.
I took more photos of him that morning. In some of them the poster behind him could be better seen and on it is written "Un pahar cu sifon"("A glass of soda"). That text, somehow, was in consonance with his quiet humility, too.

He sang there French chansonettes all the summer and became a familiar presence in that part of the town. When, one day, he vanished I kind of missed him. The soul of the city became a bit more barren.