Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The big Soligor thread!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to estimate a price for the 100 / 2 lens, there's not not many 100 / 2 lenses made by anyone so that will raise the price. The only one I found was this one for sale on ebay. I think the buy it now price is very high, but maybe it's the price to pay for a fast lens?
Click here to see on Ebay

Soligor 100 / 2 buy it now $265.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
It's hard to estimate a price for the 100 / 2 lens, there's not not many 100 / 2 lenses made by anyone so that will raise the price. The only one I found was this one for sale on ebay. I think the buy it now price is very high, but maybe it's the price to pay for a fast lens?
Click here to see on Ebay

Soligor 100 / 2 buy it now $265.

Thanks, in fact the dealer is asking for 160€ which is 200$. But I guess I'll skip it anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked through the whole thread, but maybe I missed it - has the 2.8/200 been reported on yet? In other searches I have see two different styles; I have this one, but is currently on the slow boat to me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
I looked through the whole thread, but maybe I missed it - has the 2.8/200 been reported on yet? In other searches I have see two different styles; I have this one, but is currently on the slow boat to me.

No, I think you are the first to show this one.
I have the 3.3/200 Soligor and was at one time interested in the 2.8 before I found the 3.3 at a fraction of the then asking prices of 2.8/200 Soligors.
I would be keen to hear of your impressions of this lens.
The 3.3/200 is very good indeed.
OH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 200mm f2.8 Soligor in Konica AR mount. Mine looks a bit different and it is labelled C/D. I think those are different versions. I vaguely remember the C/D line being made by Tokina.

Edit: I looked and my Soligor has 77mm filter, so those indeed must be different lenses.

Last edited by fermy on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:

Be interested in how this compares with the Minolta 200/2.8. Looks like a very nice lens, can't wait to see samples.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, mine is also made by Sun.
Here y'ar plus a sample
OH

More here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-200mm-f3-3-t67670,highlight,%2Bsoligor+%2B200.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand: Yours is the f/3.3, so different.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenetik wrote:

Be interested in how this compares with the Minolta 200/2.8. Looks like a very nice lens, can't wait to see samples.

I think a comparison to the Minolta will be a lofty level for the Soligor to achieve. I only bought it because it was cheap, in good condition, and I was curious how close it will come to the Series 1 3/200, which I regard very highly.

Oldhand: Sorry, I had not seen your earlier post when I commented.

fermy: I'm guessing yours has serial number starting with 37. Mine starts with 38. I also suspect the connection to Tokina came from the serial number, which is Vivitar convention, but I wonder if it is true for Soligor.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim,

my serial starts with 17. Btw, I have the same style Soligor C/D 135/f2 and the serial starts with 17 as well. I don't remember, where I've got this Tokina idea, but since it lies somewhere in my memory unattached, it's a pretty good indication that I considered the info reliable.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best info' on Soligor numbers is in the Soligor 28 thread, and the numbers are different to Vivitars.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:

Yes.
But made by Sun and maybe similar.
Doesn't matter as I was looking for a 2.8 but could not find one at a respectable price when I was looking.
I settled on the 3.3 and have been very pleased with it.
I know that you will give the 2.8/200 a thorough vetting when it arrives and I am looking forward to your results as always.
Happy snaps
OH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
woodrim wrote:

Yes.
Doesn't matter as I was looking for a 2.8 but could not find one at a respectable price when I was looking.
I know that you will give the 2.8/200 a thorough vetting when it arrives and I am looking forward to your results as always.
Happy snaps
OH

It is a Makinon OH. Soligor CD series codes differs from older Soligors. Also one additional number with CD numbering: Perhaps 3 for SUN, 80 for year of production. Here Makinon labeled 3.3/200mm:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
woodrim wrote:

Yes.
Happy snaps
OH

It is a Makinon OH. Soligor CD series codes differs from older Soligors. Also one additional number with CD numbering: Perhaps 3 for SUN, 80 for year of production. Here Makinon labeled 3.3/200mm:

OK, that makes sense.
Thanks for the information.
I am looking forward to the images for the 2.8/200 Soligor, as there is little reported elsewhere.
OH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My newly acquired soligor 400 6.3 is identical as far as I can tell to the 9xxxxx (attributed to kino) one I had previously however as you can see its serial is KA163xxx.

UPDATE Just for interests sake here is a close up of the interesting star shaped aperture formed by the iris. In practical terms doesn't amount to much; this at ~ f16. At f6.3 - f9-10 the iris forms a very round aperture.

Last edited by marcusBMG on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:22 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received a 105 2.8 T2(Canon) mount. This lens is really tiny . I ordered a T2-Nex adapter to mount it on a A7.
First shots tonight with the FD adapter.

The lens (10 euros ! )

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice lens and result
OH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:

Has the slow boat arrived yet Micheal?
I am keen to hear of your impressions of this lens.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet. Stash may get shipped within days, then up to two weeks to arrive. 20 lenses coming.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Not yet. Stash may get shipped within days, then up to two weeks to arrive. 20 lenses coming.

Holy macaroons Batman.
Just like Christmas
OH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
woodrim wrote:

Holy macaroons Batman.
Just like Christmas
OH

Just like Christmas!!!
They are:
Tair-11 Going to Marcel (MIR)
Fujinon 2.5/135 Going to Marcel (MIR)
2.8/200 Soligor
Jupiter 4/200
1.8/120 Polkinar 2x one sold to Iaza
MIR-47K 2.5/20
Lydith
Optische Werke Göttingen GmbH Westar 2.8/45
2 Altix 2.9/50 Trioplans
Altix Tessar 2.8/50
Welti Trioplan 3.5/75
Domiplan
3.5/135 Primotar
3.5/135 Primotar 2nd (oops)
5.5/150 Telemegor
5.5/180 Telemegor
Diaplan 2.8/100
Novoflex 5.6/400

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w/o wishing to whine.... is is possible to quote without cluttering up the thread with duplicate/triplicate....pics?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that comon Soligor...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice - what camera mount is it Lars?
OH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Minolta SR ( MC MD)
Every detail is like my Minolta MD 50 f2 .