Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The best compact 35mm cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in Holland for a while, liked it a lot, but I do have to admit, this part of the world has great opportunities for landscape photography.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all kind of Konica compact with fixed lens
Konica C35, Konica A4, Konica Big-mini etc
Canon QL series
and their clones Revue, Vivitar

but nothing come to close Werra models with interchangable lenses and coupled RF.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian - have a look at http://pansfilmcameras.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/fujifilm-dl-super-mini.html - I completely forgot about this one ! I picked up one very cheaply and used it with good results, then saw how they were fetching silly prices on eBay and sold it for a profit. It was VERY good. Now the memories are flooding back . . . senility must be getting hold of me Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Stephen, would love one of those Fujis, doubt I'll find one at a good price though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone try the old fuji mini of the 60's? 18 x 24 format.

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some earlier thread to reread: http://forum.mflenses.com/smallest-pocket-camera-with-28mm-t46877.html

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Did anyone try the old fuji mini of the 60's? 18 x 24 format.

Rino.

Was that the tiny black one? Really, really tiny . . . Another one I'd forgotten about Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second Stephen's recommend on the Fuji, I have the DL Super Mini-Zoom:

Haven't shot it much, a few pix:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots Bill, I'll keep my eye out for one of those.

I just bought an Olympus Trip AF50 with a 28mm lens, was only 2ukp, looking forward to trying it out. It's a pretty basic camera, has a fixed f5.6 aperture and a single shutter speed so relies on the latitude of the film for exposure.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious to see what you get with it, Ian. What's the shutter speed, 1/50sec?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either 1/125 or 1/150, I forget. I didn't realise it was fixed aperture and shutter speed when I bought it, I figured because it was AF it would have variable exposure too, as the other fixed exposure cams with 27, 28, 29mm lenses are fixed focus Sad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the Yashica T4 and the Nikon L35AF, both great cameras. The T4 for portability and simplicity and the Nikon for more serious stuff. Both have tessar type lenses the T4 with the 'real' thing. The L35AF was Nikon's first compact camera for the mass market. It was suggested that the 'Nikon Lens' as opposed to Nikkor was made by a contractor. Much to the indignation of the designers.