Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The amazingly high resolution of a Helios 44M-4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is your Helios 44M-4 multicoated? Is it made by KMZ?

Its serial number is 91049552 so it's produced in 1991 and likely to be KMZ product and it's multicoated. It looks very common, like the normal ones that sold with Zenit ET bodies.

A shot I didn't recently, wide open, with some color editing and sharpen boosting (not much) in Photoshop. This lens is as good as the Zenitar ME1, I really like it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Langstrum wrote:
Quote:

Its serial number is 91049552 so it's produced in 1991 and likely to be KMZ product and it's multicoated.

You can tell this looking on the logo. If the logo is a prism like on your Helios 44 it is KMZ. If the logo is like on your Helios 44M-7 it is Valday.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitrygo wrote:
Langstrum wrote:
Quote:

Its serial number is 91049552 so it's produced in 1991 and likely to be KMZ product and it's multicoated.

You can tell this looking on the logo. If the logo is a prism like on your Helios 44 it is KMZ. If the logo is like on your Helios 44M-7 it is Valday.

Yes, sure, I didn't have the lens with me to tell exactly at that time, so I based on the serial number. Now I confirm it by the logo, it's KMZ made. In my test, the 44M-7 is Valdai and 44 (M39) is also KMZ made.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Langstrum wrote:
dimitrygo wrote:
Langstrum wrote:
Quote:

Yes, sure, I didn't have the lens with me to tell exactly at that time, so I based on the serial number. Now I confirm it by the logo, it's KMZ made. In my test, the 44M-7 is Valdai and 44 (M39) is also KMZ made.

Unfortunately it is quite common problem with Helios 44M-7 lenses - some dishonest sellers just swap the name plates between 44M-4 and 44M-7 lenses and sell 44M-4 as 44M-7 which commands higher prices.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitrygo wrote:
Unfortunately it is quite common problem with Helios 44M-7 lenses - some dishonest sellers just swap the name plates between 44M-4 and 44M-7 lenses and sell 44M-4 as 44M-7 which commands higher prices.

That practice is called "to sell pig in a poke". Smile
Sadly, there are well respected lens makers that sell many pigs in a poke. Mad

The idioms pig in a poke and sell a pup (or buy a pup) refer to a confidence trick originating in the Late Middle Ages, when meat was scarce, but cats and dogs (puppies) were not. The idiom pig in a poke can also simply refer to someone buying a low-quality pig in a bag because he or she did not carefully check what was in the bag.