Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Testing Pentacon f2.8/135 a.k.a bokeh monster
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Testing Pentacon f2.8/135 a.k.a bokeh monster Reply with quote

Got this lens yesterday and had time to do some shooting today. Really love this one. Both shots wide open, no pp.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of very good 135's out there, but this one must surely rank as one of the best. Lovely pictures. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very good to me!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments. I know that most 135mm`s are at least good, but this one surprised me. If the days continue to be as nice as today, I`ll pots more shots.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks also a very sharp lens.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 is real nice ! congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which lens is this? as i have seen older 1 barrel shape and a newer looking strait sided 1 ..are they all optically the same? and is the Meyer Optik 135mm f2.8 related in any way and how duos it compare ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subject isolation in #1 is really outstanding.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes Subject isolation is the 1st thing i see..maybe the black and white helps but stunningly good image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent samples Smile My favourite 135mm from the moment I started shooting with it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments Smile. I have used the lens in a small shoot out and the images are just amazing.

My version is this:

I believe there is a zebra version too, however I can`t tell you if the optical formula is different between them or the Meyer Optik.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the same as mine, it's just about permanently in my camera bag when I'm on a M42 binge. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good example shot. I had the Zebra version. Lived on my camera for quite a while. Great lens, gives lots of love.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I found with my Zebra ver that other very good 135mm lenses were a bit sharper (only seen in a large crop) but the Zebra gave more chance of achieving pop in depth. Something like this on a film camera after a quick search:-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe all the Pentacon 135/2.8 presets use the same formula Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
I believe all the Pentacon 135/2.8 presets use the same formula Smile

Same as the Meyer versions as well I would expect.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took this one a few days back: