Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 88 - Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of video rigs, here's mine :

Sorry for the off-topic.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice series of real world lens tests Wolverine. You've captured many nice shots.

I have the 2nd version by Tokina and the 3rd version by Komine. The Tokina is my favorite but the Komine is a tad sharper. I understand there are 5 versions of the Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm. They are all very heavy and should not be cantilevered from digital cameras constructed from composites. When used on digital m4/3 or NEX insure the lens is supported other than by the camera alone. Buy adapters with a tripod mount. The zoom range is not very useful on cropped sensor cameras. If I had one in a Contax/Yashica mount I would likely use it more with my Metabones Speed Booster.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turbines wrote:
A very nice series of real world lens tests Wolverine. You've captured many nice shots.

thank you

turbines wrote:
They are all very heavy and should not be cantilevered from digital cameras constructed from composites. When used on digital m4/3 or NEX insure the lens is supported other than by the camera alone. Buy adapters with a tripod mount.

with heavier lenses i hold the lens in my left hand with all of the weight of the camera and lens focused on the left hand, and with right hand i hold the camera to steady it

turbines wrote:
The zoom range is not very useful on cropped sensor cameras. If I had one in a Contax/Yashica mount I would likely use it more with my Metabones Speed Booster.

only lenses on cropped sensor camera that really lose their usefulness of range are wide angle zooms because they aren't really wide angle zooms anymore rather normal zooms, others have extended usefulness

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a shot I got with mine...1st time out with it last month..

more here...
http://forum.mflenses.com/vivitar-series-1-70-210mm-3-5-macro-t60117.html