Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 48 - Helios-40-2 85mm/1.5 m42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulli65 wrote:

are you using the hld 6 battery grip? just wondering as i get my Helios 40 very soon for my e-m5.
do you use a noname m42 adapter or an expensive one?

i'm not using battery grip and my adapter is noname cheap one with flange that presses aperture pin on automatic m42 lenses

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:

This huge lens on the OM-D, I'd like to see that. Smile

+1 I'd like to see that combo too. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shots. It's one of those senses I'd like to try one day, I'd be torn between classic Chrome or modern Black for better coating, but it's reputation of not being sharp and the ridiculous price it fetches at the moment prevents me. If money was no object, I'd collect the old silver versions of various lenses. As it is, one of my favourites is the Jupiter-9, I have a Contax and LTM version, late 50s and early 60s, both great, producing shots similar to your dog photos, except it's of my bunnies.

PS: I should say, it's not because I need it, or absolutely must have swirly Bokeh, I just like these old lenses. I got a Samyang 85mm f1.4 manual lens real cheap on eBay, and I love what it produces; I've shot some great portraits with it.