Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 27 - Pentacon 50mm/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you "operate" this lens? I mean, the auto version has a very annoying pin \ button for the auto diaphragm, which keeps opening it up, and you have to keep pressing the button for it to stop down.

This is really annoying...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Misha: indeed, the old versions have this "button". While using it on a DSLR, you have to push it to close the aperture. Newer versions have an auto/manual switch.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples using E-M5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got two of these, slightly different versions. I also have about 11 or 12 more 50's, when I did a test I found both the Pentacons disappointing next to the helios. As someone said above, don't compare them side by side with another lens and they'll look good.

I must use them. Perhaps a week of 50mm onlys.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first one, the rose is lovely, pentacon 50mm s my fav lens

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice sample! Felt inspired by the photos and discussion, so here's a couple from mine. MC auto, not electric.
Hope this is not improper posting etiquette.