Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 21 - Industar 61 L/Z 50mm/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 21 - Industar 61 L/Z 50mm/2.8 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens falls away from focus to bokeh so fast, the flowers in the pot picture has no transition at all. I like it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The L/Z means it is the M42 version or just that it is coated? I like this lens a lot, I have the LTM version.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting one of these for a while, now i see the bokeh I really want one, even nicer than the Helios 44 and I love my 44-2 so i think I would love the Industar even more.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
The L/Z means it is the M42 version or just that it is coated? I like this lens a lot, I have the LTM version.

L/Z means it was made for Zenit cameras in m42 mount
L/D version is different and in m39 mount

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:

I add that it exists both an MC version (more recent) and without MC (single coated ?)
I prefer the one without MC (with my samples)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this lens! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
That lens falls away from focus to bokeh so fast, the flowers in the pot picture has no transition at all. I like it.

If you look closely the focus is slightly ahead of the flowers & that is why it falls of so drastically behind them.

In focus:
1/3 ahead of focal point
2/3 behind focal point.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These lenses are super sharp but mine can not focus close to the subject. How did you get so close in image 1?

Image 3 is SOOOOOO sharp and has lovely rendering.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyw wrote:
These lenses are super sharp but mine can not focus close to the subject. How did you get so close in image 1?

just focused it at minimum focusing distance, no tubes or anything else

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyw wrote:
These lenses are super sharp but mine can not focus close to the subject.

i see that you have industar 61 L/D lens, mine is L/Z and those are two completely different lenses
for L/D minimum focus distance is 1m and for L/Z is 0,3m, that's why you can't focus so close to the subject

also L/D focal length is 53-55mm (depending on the production series) and L/Z is 50mm

here is L/D version, and you can see the minimum focus distance
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gatchell/2178206777/in/pool-46195334@N00/

here is L/Z version (like my lens)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_wood/3086835820/in/pool-camerapedia#/photos/mr_wood/3086835820/in/pool-46195334@N00/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, Were the flower pot and the last image shot fully open?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Very nice, Were the flower pot and the last image shot fully open?

to tell you the truth i don't remember, when i shoot i start off wide open and stop it down when needed, i don't really keep track...but i think flowers in the pot were 1 stop closed, and the last photo might be wide open because it was taken in the shade at the sunset

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples made with E-M5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots! I just bought one yesterday in local shop, and I'm quite glad of the first results Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes , it's nice little lens