Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 2 - Vivitar 90mm 2.8 macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 2 - Vivitar 90mm 2.8 macro Reply with quote

Vivitar 90mm 2.8 macro in OM mount (not the Series 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last photograph is really nice. Great colors and quite sharp I'd say. I can't decide how much I like #2 but I keep wanting to look at it more... I guess I like it Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic !
Like the color a lot.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming this is the Komine made version? I have this lens as well...Nice shots that you posted. My favorite is the last one...

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the last one.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2!!
Laughing Laughing

Klaus

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots!

I also have the 90/2.8M by Komine, very nearly a constant companion. In M42 base, it cost me all of US$3 on the bay. The knurled rubber focus grip was decayed, so I pulled off the remainder and filled the void with duct tape. Now it looks slightly funky, for for three bucks I'm not complaining. At 1:1 I must remember to tell the Shake Reduction robot on my Pentax K20D that the effective focal length is 180mm.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shots. Nice vibrant colours but the bokeh in #2 looks a bit like a mirror lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the distance it gives me being 90mm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples with E-M5

crop of the previous photo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly surprised at how good it is. I think on the whole I prefer the OOF on the Ser 1 version

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Frankly surprised at how good it is. I think on the whole I prefer the OOF on the Ser 1 version

patrickh

well those are 2 different critters
series 1 lens goes 1:2 this one goes 1:1 as is
different makers , different len scheme, different oof

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, both are badged Vivitar, and presumably built to their specs. The series 1 came with the 1:1 add-on (which I have). Embarassed I did not intend to put the 2.8 down.

patrickh