Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 17 - Olympus 35-70mm/3.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 17 - Olympus 35-70mm/3.6 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that looks a very good zoom, it would be nice to see a comparison (with crops) against a Tamron SP or whatever.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Well that looks a very good zoom, it would be nice to see a comparison (with crops) against a Tamron SP or whatever.

Tamron? This Zuiko deserves to be compared with the best zooms out there - like Contax Vario-Sonnar 35-70/3.4!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:

Tamron? This Zuiko deserves to be compared with the best zooms out there - like Contax Vario-Sonnar 35-70/3.4!

Not sure aboput that. I'm a fan ol Olympus lenses, but I've tried that lens at a camera fair and I have that Vario-Sonnar. The Vario-Sonnar is lightyears ahead of the Olympus. My opinion.....
Klaus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice samples of this great zoom !

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice samples of this great zoom !

+1 Cool
About Tamron SP, the 2.8-3.8 35-80mm is a very good zoom.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

erm well proof would be nice Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
aoleg wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

erm well proof would be nice Wink

well, give me Vario-Sonnar and i'll compare it Very Happy Cool Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
Not sure aboput that. I'm a fan ol Olympus lenses, but I've tried that lens at a camera fair and I have that Vario-Sonnar. The Vario-Sonnar is lightyears ahead of the Olympus. My opinion.....
Klaus

I have both, and while the Contax wins in the contrast department (Zuiko lenses have decidedly toned-down contrast), the Zuiko is just as sharp. In addition, the Olympus lens is parfocal (the Zeiss is not), and has a nice smart hood design.

I had a Vivitar S1 35-85/2.8, and it was nowhere close to either Olympus or Zeiss zoom.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing i forgot to say about this lens is that it is susceptible to flare, so hood is a must

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples using Olympus E-M5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still great... ! Smile