Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 17 - Olympus 35-70mm/3.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 17 - Olympus 35-70mm/3.6 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that looks a very good zoom, it would be nice to see a comparison (with crops) against a Tamron SP or whatever.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Well that looks a very good zoom, it would be nice to see a comparison (with crops) against a Tamron SP or whatever.

Tamron? This Zuiko deserves to be compared with the best zooms out there - like Contax Vario-Sonnar 35-70/3.4!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:

Tamron? This Zuiko deserves to be compared with the best zooms out there - like Contax Vario-Sonnar 35-70/3.4!

Not sure aboput that. I'm a fan ol Olympus lenses, but I've tried that lens at a camera fair and I have that Vario-Sonnar. The Vario-Sonnar is lightyears ahead of the Olympus. My opinion.....
Klaus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice samples of this great zoom !

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice samples of this great zoom !

+1 Cool
About Tamron SP, the 2.8-3.8 35-80mm is a very good zoom.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

erm well proof would be nice Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
aoleg wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

erm well proof would be nice Wink

well, give me Vario-Sonnar and i'll compare it Very Happy Cool Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
Not sure aboput that. I'm a fan ol Olympus lenses, but I've tried that lens at a camera fair and I have that Vario-Sonnar. The Vario-Sonnar is lightyears ahead of the Olympus. My opinion.....
Klaus

I have both, and while the Contax wins in the contrast department (Zuiko lenses have decidedly toned-down contrast), the Zuiko is just as sharp. In addition, the Olympus lens is parfocal (the Zeiss is not), and has a nice smart hood design.

I had a Vivitar S1 35-85/2.8, and it was nowhere close to either Olympus or Zeiss zoom.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing i forgot to say about this lens is that it is susceptible to flare, so hood is a must

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples using Olympus E-M5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still great... ! Smile