Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Testing my 135mm lenses, fourteen of them !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vroger wrote:
For us nobs. Do you mind updating the thread to have each Len's full information? so we can go look up information on each. etc.

In some cases there are more than one model / build also.

Thanks

I shall edit the original post to include as much information on each lens , it'll be the best information I have and other people might well have more details. I'll also take a picture of each lens and add those as well.

It won't be tonight, but watch this space.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
vroger wrote:
For us nobs. Do you mind updating the thread to have each Len's full information? so we can go look up information on each. etc.

In some cases there are more than one model / build also.

Thanks

I shall edit the original post to include as much information on each lens , it'll be the best information I have and other people might well have more details. I'll also take a picture of each lens and add those as well.

It won't be tonight, but watch this space.

Thank you !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very enlightening exercise - thank you!

For isolating detail, I'd suggest my favorite 135mm - Nikon 135/2 DC.

Texsport

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great test and it was nice to see the Helios 135 on the list, this is one of my favourite lenses.

This is not a great subject, but does show what the Helios can do.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texsport wrote:
Very enlightening exercise - thank you!

For isolating detail, I'd suggest my favorite 135mm - Nikon 135/2 DC.

Texsport

I have no Nikon at all, I have nothing against Nikon, but I need yet another mount system like a hole in the head ! Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdccameras wrote:
Great test, LLoyd!. I have always been partial to the SMC Takumars, but in this test - I think the Jupiter 11 is my favorite. I certainly think it has the best wide-open performance. The Tak may have an edge in the color department - but that is easy to adjust in post.

Best, and many thanks!

Paul

+1
They're mainly different in the quality of wide open shots, otherwise it's not much different by stopping down. I looked through all the tests first and stopped by the one that impressed me the most, in term of sharpness and bokeh, that's Jupiter Very Happy
I found mixed reviews on the Helios 135 but from here I can tell it's not bad at all.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great comparison, thanks much for sharing !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great test Lloydy. I too have many 135s. They all do pretty well, it's like 50s, there aren't many bad ones. In your test I was drawn to the Jupiter as well.

Some nice ones I've tried that you don't have included: Zeiss Contax Sonnar 135/2.8, Konica Hexanon 135 3.2 and Vivitar 135 2.3. I picked up one of the 35mm Mamiya 135s recently for a few bucks and the samples I have seen look really nice. The only adapter out there for Nex/A7 is 40 bucks though, so I will probably just sell the lens.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the 135er are copied SONNAR type lenses. The optical qualities are subject of the mechanical and assembling care! Otherwise, the 135mm telephoto lenses are more or less, all not bad!