Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 106 - Konica Hexanon 135mm/3.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 106 - Konica Hexanon 135mm/3.2 Reply with quote

this thread was under "testing loaned lenses" threads, but i bought that same lens sample i tested from friend who loaned it to me, so i changed the name of the thread to "testing my lenses" series thread

Last edited by WolverineX on Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most impressive. This Hexanon rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
Most impressive. This Hexanon rocks!

Agreed. Word on the street is that among the three Hexanon 135's, the 3.2 is the sharpest. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know sharpest or not I love others same , 2.5 and 3.5 , 3.2 no matter to me. Excellent series I love them all.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had 5 or 6 Konica 135mms. I think the 3.2 is the best, but they are all very good.

Only 135mm lenses I have found so far that I thought were better are the Topcon RE Auto Topcor 3.5/135 and the Zeiss Opton Sonnar 4/135.

Last edited by iangreenhalgh1 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great pictures !!

excellent lens, I wish I had that same Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent pictures! What aperture where they shot at?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous shots. I really love the chess players. Great lens!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good! I hope it's worth the $43.79 I just spent on one. From the looks of it, it is.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VooDooZG wrote:
great pictures !!

excellent lens, I wish I had that same Smile

LOL, you don't say

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikonshooter wrote:
looks good! I hope it's worth the $43.79 I just spent on one. From the looks of it, it is.

Definitely worth that much. I love it on film and my NEX.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikonshooter wrote:

i would say, it's worth it. it's very easy to focus it

aspen wrote:
Gorgeous shots. I really love the chess players. Great lens!

that's Harry Potter chess at local flea market

diddy wrote:
Excellent pictures! What aperture where they shot at?

most are wide open, if not then stopped 1 stop

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful series.
Love that chess piece Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikonshooter wrote:

I got one shipped to me yesterday from keh, it was 17.67... I've been checking keh pretty often, and their konica lens are underprice quite a bit compare to the other mounts such as MD and Canon, and K mounts...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do adapters of this lens exist? I can't seem to find a single one anywhere. This F-mount is failing me. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clockwork247 wrote:
Nikonshooter wrote:

I got one shipped to me yesterday from keh, it was 17.67... I've been checking keh pretty often, and their konica lens are underprice quite a bit compare to the other mounts such as MD and Canon, and K mounts...

Konica mounts are worth less than pentax beause you cant use them on a dslr like you can on the pentax dslrs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god! I wish that I would've known that before I bought one. Well could I at less use it on a film slr? I'm getting the Nikon FG as a gift to get me started in film.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use it on a Konica film SLR, yes, but not a Nikon one.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
You could use it on a Konica film SLR, yes, but not a Nikon one.

No disagreement.

But probably prudent to mention if Konica AR lens could be mounted to non-Konica SLR it would not be possible to focus to infinity. Persons who don't care about infinity focus, who meet every five years in a broom closet with space to spare, would do just fine with Hexanon AR lenses if they could mount such lenses onto their SLR cameras.

I see the future of the Hexanon AR lenses not with SLR cameras, but with large-sensor mirrorless cameras yet to be developed and come to market. Course if the mirrorless large-sensor camera designs I foresee alter the existing mirrorless registration distance, then my vision is askew. But otherwise, the Hexanon AR lenses all provide an image circle of sufficient size to service nicely even the largest mirrorless camera sensor contemplated. In addition, with a larger sensor, wide angle Hexanons would once again have their status restored, and longer focal length Hexanons would become more practical, all while providing wonderful IQ at a relatively low price.