Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Test manual lens 35-70mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Test manual lens 35-70mm Reply with quote

Also conduct a test of the old 35-70mm lenses for sharpness.
Test is performed on a full frame camera Sony A7R
Participants:
Minolta MD macro 35-70mm f3.5
Olympus OM 35-70mm f3.6
Konica AR 35-70mm f3.5
tamron adaptall2 35-70mm f3.5 (model 17A)

The control frame 35mm

70mm

35mm f8 The left side

35mm f8 The lower left corner

35mm f8 the upper-right corner

70mm left ,right side

The result:
Clear favorite Minolta.

But after the test came to me the Fujinon 35-70mm f2.8-3.7. Decided to compare with the Minolta but the first images showed a lag of Fujinon on the short end. I added in another test Olympus which is not far behind the Minolta.

35mm f8 The left side

35mm f8 The lower left corner

35mm centre

70mm f8 The left side

70mm Centre

I was surprised. Thought, Fujinon will be somewhere on par with the Minolta but it turned out he fell behind on the wide end (35mm) and even the Olympus a bit ahead of him. At the long end of the situation is the opposite, Fujinon better than Olympus. Minolta is a little superior to these two. The only negative in the farthest corners of the Minolta is a bit inferior to them.

all full Saiz https://fotki.yandex.ru/users/sergun-p/album/550283/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this test!

Very similar in some cases!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the Minolta and Tamron, and the Tamron is very good, but the Minolta is in a league of its own, it really is very good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came to me a few days ago Contax Carl Zeiss 35-70mm f3.4 C/Y. I compared it with the best that is left, with the Minolta MD3 35-70mm f3.5. I must say, my copy of the Zeiss was not very good, bad sharpness on the right side starting with F3.5 and almost compares to F11. I did a full saiz on 35mm from F3.5 to F11 and 70mm.

Control Frame

35mmF3.5 Centre

35mmF3.5 left

35mmF3.5 left corner

35mmF3.5 right corner (The defect appears to F11)

35mmF8 Centre

35mmF8 Left

35mmF8 left corner

35mmF8 right corner

Crop with obvious difference at F8. (Left side)

Summary: If the Zeiss not to look at the defective right side and compare everything else I see better angles , astigmatism of the Zeiss. The picture with the Zeiss is warmer than the Minolta. The ratio price - quality Minolta is clearly better but if you want maximum quality then Zeiss.

p/s If not for the defect, I would keep the Zeiss and sell the Minolta. (I'll try to return the Zeiss dealer)

full saiz https://fotki.yandex.ru/users/sergun-p/album/550283