Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tessar Blades
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Tessar Blades Reply with quote

I have two CZJ Tessar 50/2.8 in m42 mount.

One is the full alu version with preset diagram and 8 blades and the other is the later black version with 5 blades.

I heard that there are another alu preset version with 12 blades and a black version with 6 blades (very doubtful about the existence of this one) and, being the Tessar one my preferred lens, I'd like to add them to my collection.

My question is if there is some method to understand which tessar is (serial number, 1Q symbol, ...).

Another one I'd like to find is the 50/3.5 but it seems to be pretty uncommon in m42 mount or maybe I'm just unlucky.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my tessar is serial number: 3562051 and has 14 blades... though I know in previous posts that I've said it had 12, I have corrected my assumption and counted again. If your looking for a tessar 3.5/50mm clone...I'm sure you're already aware of the industar 50 + 50-2. I highly recommend!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
my tessar is serial number: 3562051 and has 14 blades... though I know in previous posts that I've said it had 12, I have corrected my assumption and counted again.

Hmm... the mistery is thickening. Look at this Click here to see on Ebay. So we have 12 and 14 blades Shocked
My 8 blades one has S/N 5090995, it seems that blades are decreasing as time passed by.

themoleman342 wrote:

If your looking for a tessar 3.5/50mm clone...I'm sure you're already aware of the industar 50 + 50-2. I highly recommend!

I'm waiting for a copy, but italian and russian posts together with customs force a person to be patient.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
it seems that blades are decreasing as time passed by.

It seems like that.
My tessars:
SN 5227445 Silver has 8 blades
SN 8150101 Zebra has 5 blades

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M42 mount Tessars had different versions, manual, pre-set, and automatic. I suspect the Automatic Tessars have the fewest blades, for "conservation of inconvenience." Sacrifice Bokeh for the Auto function.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm waiting for a copy, but italian and russian posts together with customs force a person to be patient.

Unfortunatelly Italian customs sitting on it for long time... Orio generally order via me from Russia or Ukraine.