Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Terence Donovan ( RIP )
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Terence Donovan ( RIP ) Reply with quote

Many years ago the famous Fashion Photographer Terence Donovan came to Barking Photographic Society while I was still a member before my Wife at the time went off with the Vice-Chairman He gave a prize of his 'Pirelli Calender' for a Competition which I won and he autographed it for me . I took some photos by available light for the local newspapers, using either a Asahi Pentax Spotmatic or an S!a with Super-Takumar lens on Kodak Tri=X which I pushed in Microphen . Results were a poor image sharpness and large grain -- evidently Kodak Tri-X does not like Microphen ! I scanned a Press print with my HP Scanjet 4570c + Vuescan Pro + PhotoShop 7. Later he took his own Life for some reason that nobody has ever found out ---

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Donovan actually the character behind "Austin Powers" fashion photographer character?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting story and congrats to your win!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Terence Donovan ( RIP ) Reply with quote

NO -- he was NOT the idea behind 'Austin Powers' BUT I HAVE found out that he was depressed due to taking Steroids for a skin condition.