Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Temperature chart
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Temperature chart Reply with quote

Perhaps you guys can help me, I'm looking for a temperature chart going beyond 24°C, because actually we have around 28-30°C.

or is there a simple formula?
The first roll worked well by guesstimate, maybe I was just lucky Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Temperature chart Reply with quote

Carlsson wrote:
Perhaps you guys can help me, I'm looking for a temperature chart going beyond 24°C, because actually we have around 28-30°C.

This one goes to 27 degrees. http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/2006210208211880.pdf

Would it not be easier to just develope at a lower temperature by chilling in some cold water?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that's great!
Unfortunately the water is warm too, around 25°C Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<RANT>
I would love to be able to complain that the cold water is 25 degrees. It's getting difficult to remember when the outside temperature here was over 25 degrees. Global warming? MEH!
</RANT>

Ice in a bucket may be the answer during the warmer months, or just move your darkroom to the UK.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

...or just move your darkroom to the UK.

Errm, no! Wink
It's never perfect.
Ice in a bucket sounds good, I'll try that. Sounds better than chemicals in the fridge, which might give some troubles here... Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice in a pot of water (never alone, gets way too cold) is what I used years ago

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mix tap and chilled water from the fridge to get the temp I'm after. In winter, the microwave is your friend.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Temperature chart Reply with quote

Carlsson wrote:

Here's a chart from the Ilford site for temperatures up to 27°. Maybe you could extrapolate if you need higher.

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/2006210208211880.pdf

Edit: Sorry Martin, I just saw you'd already posted that link.

Last edited by peterqd on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks friends!
I'll give it a try, I need to finish the next roll first.

The film was the Ilford Pan F PLus with developed with Tetenal Ultrafin at 1+10, which is rated at 3min @ 21°C.
Developing time was 2:20.
Next time i'll try a 1+20 dilution, to get more comfortable times.