Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TelTakumar 200mm f5.6 Preset & Grassroots Democracy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: TelTakumar 200mm f5.6 Preset & Grassroots Democracy Reply with quote

I bought this lens few weeks back. Not able to use, as its slow. Now there are signs of summer and loooong days, I have taken this out.

The lens is slow, but tiny. Very sharp even wide open (atleast usable for most of condition). A perfect tele prime for sunny day.
The only problem is, the shortest distance is around 10+ ft. I always keep the ext tube for near focussing.
All are direct from camera.. no sharpening.. nothing...

Captured plane @~f7

100% crop

The lens is tiny (thin like a tube, I should say). Easy to carry tele lens. Took this for evening trip to Library. As May 8th is (local) election day in US, captured few grass root activists (families) pitching for the support of some local provision (going for ballot).

Although slow, but its a great lens.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Ballu I think Veijo has the same lens, it seems like a very convenient compact street photo lens. Those are the lenses whose commodity one really enjoys.

Can I ask you what "grassroots democracy" means?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
hi Ballu I think Veijo has the same lens, it seems like a very convenient compact street photo lens. Those are the lenses whose commodity one really enjoys.

Yes, a very nice and handy lens, see

http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos350d_tt.html and the lower part of http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/tallinn_mf.html

On a sunny day I've used it even with a 2x TC, i.e. f/11 wide open! Not very sharp but quite adequate and gives you a lot of reach - especially on a crop body.

Veijo

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vilva wrote:

Yes, a very nice and handy lens, see
http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos350d_tt.html and the lower part of http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/tallinn_mf.html

Yes, I remember well your Mediaeval Fair series - how could I forget it? The last picture is enchanting, it is one of my favorite photographs, I keep coming back to your site to see it from time to time. It looks entirely like a Renaissance painting pose and figure.

These are the Mediaeval costumes that I love, because they are the real ones. Unfortunately in Italy now there was the boom of the Talkien saga and the little boys want to see the monsters and the elves and all those things, so the Mediaeval fairs have "bastardized" and become fantasy fairs.

I really like the moderate contrast of this Takumar lens. Like I wrote elsewhere, I find moderate contrast to be perfect for event photography, because it gives more room for exposure errors when one is shooting fast (as long as one shoots RAW of course). Also, moderate contrast is perfect for delicate portraits such as those you display in this series.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Can I ask you what "grassroots democracy" means?

Grassroots democracy is roughly democracy in action (at least during elections) at a local level (word of mouth) as opposed to multi million dollar advertising by millionaire candidates on national stages. People carrying signs, shaking hands calling neighbors etc.

A grassroots movement would be one coming from the prolitariat going upward as opposed as coming from the polititions going down, in relativistic terms.

Jules

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lulalake wrote:

Grassroots democracy is roughly democracy in action (at least during elections) at a local level (word of mouth) as opposed to multi million dollar advertising by millionaire candidates on national stages. People carrying signs, shaking hands calling neighbors etc.

A grassroots movement would be one coming from the prolitariat going upward as opposed as coming from the polititions going down, in relativistic terms.

Jules

Thanks.