Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Telesar 3.5 / 35mm - any idea who made it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Telesar 3.5 / 35mm - any idea who made it? Reply with quote

I bought this neat little lens off of ebay. Has anybody seen another quite like this one? There seems to be an infinite number of old T mount 35mm lenses but I could not match this to anything else positively. One odd thing about the lens is that when the diaphragm is wide open at f3.5 the blades are still visible - maybe this is actually an f2.8 design choked to f3.5?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea, but I had the same lens as an Optomax, it was really bad.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
No idea, but I had the same lens as an Optomax, it was really bad.

I've just noticed there is some separation happening between the rear elements - perhaps yours had the same problem. I guess I will see if I can return it. Sad

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this page that lists several different brands for this lens: http://savazzi.freehostia.com/photography/35photax.html

No hint on the maker though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this lens and a 135 f3.5 in a bag with a Zorki recently. It was advertised as 'Russian Camera and 2 spare lenses'. Hmm, not what I'd hoped for.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I recognised it - I had the Prinz Galaxy version. probably the worst lens I've ever seen! Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like my Surveillance XY 35mm 1:2.8 No aperture preset ring just manual close down (presumably the lens was used for surveillance video). It isn't a bad lens at al.

Surveillance XY 35mm 1:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Surveillance XY 35mm 1:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr