Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Telemajor 400mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Telemajor 400mm Reply with quote

Another never heard lens

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating! I assume it's actually a Telemegor, I have a Telemegor (250mm, I think) that's a pretty close match for that one. Can't explain the spelling though....

no.... didn't look close enough. West-Germany! Must have been a 'counterfeit' imitation of an (East German) Meyer Telemegor. Sure looks like the real thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes looks like Telemegor , but different. Perhaps re-engraved from a Telemegor ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe a Chinese copy. Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinese copy was my other thought too Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is a West German copy (the Chinese weren't really into that capitalist stuff back then) by one of the low-end optical houses that they had scattered around in the early 50s. Wouldn't have thought they would have chosen a Meyer model to counterfeit, but to each his own....

A new Chinese (or Russian) copy is a possibility, but they'd be going to an awful lot of work for a microscopic market opportunity... and even the Zorki-recyclers manage to spell "Leica" correctly and get the country of origin right.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose your first guess is the true.