Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

tele-westanar 135 2.8 aperture mechanism
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: tele-westanar 135 2.8 aperture mechanism Reply with quote

hi.i am new to servicing lenses .

i was servicing a tele-westanar that had issues on focusing ( at the middle of run it was difficult to turn) .
after having :
unscrewed front lens element and the focusing ring , the aperture blades has shut completely stopped down .
the problem is that i can't find a way to reach the aperture mechanism , i do not see any screw or any part of the lens that can be unscrewed , i can see the blades through the inside of the lens ( havng unscrewed the front lens glass )
( btw the aperture mechanism wasn't working very well either , it had some issues , as if the aperture ring isn't perfectly connected to the blades lever ).
i tried reassembling the lens but the blades remain shut
does anyone have a service manual of this lens or could tell me how to get to the aperture mechanism ?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi judaskgb, posting some pictures of your disassembly process would be helpful.

If the aperture mechanism does not work well, there are several possible reasons: oil/lubricant on blades, weak spring, connection lost to aperture ring etc.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the lens

the lens from above , having unscrewed the lens element and the focusing ring.

here is where i am stuck , i domnot know how to get to the aperture mechanism , i can't see any screw .

Maybe i have to unscrew the back lens/irsi assembly from inside the focusing mechanism?

more images of the disassembled lens

photos taken with my just repaired pentacon electric 29 2.8 ( unscrewed focusing ring)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try to disassemble the rear part of the lens? In the last picture you can see the retaining ring of the rear element, maybe you can reach the aperture when unscrewing the outer ring with a lens wrench.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually i do not have any lens wrench . i wasn't planning on doing any repair on my lenses it just happened that i tried to open this one.
i'll order one on ebay .
which should i get ? i plan on servicing or trying to repair old lenses so i would like to have a good piece of equipment .

are these ones good?

Click here to see on Ebay
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several models available. Afaik you can find some discussion on tools in this forum. Don't know the thread though. Try searching for "wrench" or "tool(s)"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

done.
with the wench i managed a complete disassemble , cleaning of optical groups and reassemble of the lens.
i'll post the images in the next days.
after greasing all the mechanical parts and a cleaning with isopropilic alcool of the optical groups , removal of dust between lense etc.. now my westenar is waterclear and smooth ( only prob remianing a certain stiffness in the middle part of focusing , i think because the optic has taken a bump or more during its life so it is not so round anymore )