Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tele kinegon 200mm f 3,5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Tele kinegon 200mm f 3,5 Reply with quote

There is one on sale around here and I wonder if I should buy... Google doesn't yield much. Has anyone a clue ? It's M42 and looks a lot like the cunor 135, black with aluminium aperture ring and mount. I asked permission to post a pic and wait for a reply.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found one here.
https://www.tradera.com/item/302004/416700641/optik-tele-kinegon-f-200mm-1-3-5#view-item-main

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phalbert wrote:
. . . Has anyone a clue ?
. . .

All I know about the Kinegon is that the copy pictured at your link resembles my Accura Supertel 200 f/3.5.
I also know speculating can be hazardous, but if you think my Accura is near enough to the Kinegon, I can give you more details / photos if you wish, Phalbert.

This is my Accura:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 55. Well, they seem almost identical to me, and I'd assume they are. Wink So, please are you happy with it ? And why ? Thank you ! We can safely think that this model may exist in other brands like so many other lenses of that time, (Cunor...) but I haven't ever seen that one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please post pictures Welcome Turtle Thank you !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It maybe a variation of this Tamron: http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_1216.html#prettyPhoto

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phalbert wrote:
Hi 55. Well, they seem almost identical to me, and I'd assume they are. Wink So, please are you happy with it ? And why ? Thank you ! We can safely think that this model may exist in other brands like so many other lenses of that time, (Cunor...) but I haven't ever seen that one.

Okay, Phalbert. I bought my Accura because I'm crazy for long, preset lenses. But prior to seeing your topic here, I hadn't actually used it very much. It's not my favorite lens to use because of the handling.

When I received the Accura, I took it apart for cleaning. And I was surprised to see a different focus mechanism than the usual double helicoid. I'm not sure, but it might be called a "cam" system? There's a helical groove cut into the inside of the focus ring through which a tab or spur travels when the focus ring is turned.

Here's a reference shot I took while I had the lens apart. You can see the groove on the inside of the silver focus ring:

In use, the focus ring turns smoothly and feels fine most of the time. Sometimes small adjustments feel a bit notchy, but it's not a big problem for me.

Unfortunately, the aperture ring was a problem. It doesn't utilize a ball bearing for click stops as many lenses do. Instead, the aperture setting ring had a cast or machined rectangular nub which was supposed to fit into detents to give click stops. But my ring was very stiff and movement was rough. I filed down the nub so the aperture is now clickless, but it's still too stiff for comfortable use. The open / close stop down ring is also too stiff.

So what about the optics? Contrast is low, but sharpness is okay and fringing isn't as bad as I expected. Also, the iris has 15 blades so highlights stay round and unobtrusive.

Earlier today I went hunting for autumn foliage and the Accura came along with me. The sun was hidden most of the morning, but I still took a bunch of photos with the Accura.
Wide open images are a little soft with some glow. But even stopping down to f/5.6 helps a lot. Contrast though, is just weak - even with a hood. Especially on an overcast day.
All of my sample photos were processed to add contrast.

#2 (at f/8.0)

#3 (at f/5.6)

#4 (at f/3.5)

#5 (at f/5.6)

#6 (at f/eight)

If you're able to handle the lens before you buy, Phalbert, be sure to try the aperture rings. Even after the attempted fix, my rings are still stiff and difficult to use.

D1N0 wrote:
It maybe a variation of this Tamron: http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_1216.html#prettyPhoto

Yes, between my copies there is a resemblance. I have an Aetna Rokunar version of the Tamron, but it's different from my Accura.
The Accura has 5 elements, a 62mm filter thread and weighs 656g.
The Aetna (Tamron) has 4 elements, a 67mm filter thread and weighs 720g.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 55. Thanks a lot for everything. I haven't ever opened any lens. I'd be scared and I doubt my skills very much... Your pictures are beautifull and tell more than enough about the lens. Indeed the pic wide open shows the weaknesses, but we didn't expect miracles of such a lens. I still like it. Unfortunately I won't be able to handle it before buying (online). I'm not even convinced the glass is clean. The seller says "looks good to me" No risk taken there... Rolling Eyes I also like the preset lenses quite a lot, but they are getting fewer and prices are not what they used to be anymore, 😕

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Phalbert! Despite my criticisms, I do like my Accura and would buy it again.
If that Kinegon is in working condition and you can buy it at a fair price, I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok 55. I bought it, for about $ 8 plus $ 6 postage... BUT .. it comes from South Africa and it may be weeks before someone can bring it to me here In Namibia. What I did is I have it sent directly to my favorite workshop first for them to have a look at a possible CLA. Once I see it / use it, I 'll try post something again here. But it will, take some time. See ya then ! Wink Wink
PS : I like your username "55" 👍

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle
Wow! A good price, Phalbert. I hope the lens is in good shape and will reach you soon.

Phalbert wrote:
. . .
PS : I like your username "55" 👍

Ha! Thank you. I like it, too. Smile