Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

technique to assemble focus stopper?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: technique to assemble focus stopper? Reply with quote

not sure if this is the correct term, but it is the part in the shappe of a "T" made of brass that inserts nto a hole in the focusing body that is responsible for the proper movement of the focusing ring. without it the focusing ring won't move properly.

it is assemble inverted with the stem going into the hole and the horzontal "T" part is held by 2 small screws to the rear part of the lens body.

i seem to be missing a 3rd hand or in order to assemble it.

thanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. I know exactly what you are talking about. Laughing

Take a wooden toothpick, and stick it through one of the two holes on the T-shaped bracket. Then you can hold the lens upside down (so the toothpick and bracket are facing upwards), and stick the toothpick into the screw hole. you can then flip it back over, let the bracket fall into place (the toothpick in the screw hole will guide it), and then you can leave the toothpick there while you get the screw started in the second hole. Once that second screw is in place, you can remove the toothpick and put the screw into the first hole. Cool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: use a fork! Reply with quote

thanks for the reply.
i tried your toothpick trick with a bended fork.

i twisted the teeth of the fork so that 1 tooth would hold the "T" part next to the screw hole. i then used a toothpick as you suggested to hold the other hole. also i used a little slow drying glue to hold the part steady.

it was a trial and error exercise in patience.

i was temptd several times to throw everything out the window. only the reality that the f1.2 lens cost several hundred $ in used condition prevented it.

those working for zeiss, leitz, voitglander must have ice water running through their veins.