Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Techart Leica M to Sony E mount AUTPFOCUS adapter!!!!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Techart Leica M to Sony E mount AUTPFOCUS adapter!!!!!! Reply with quote

Has anyone seen this?

The adapter moves the entire lens back and forth, it looks like it works pretty well but this won't be entirely proven till people have their hands on it.

The interesting part is that if I'm not mistaken you can buy m42-m adapters so there's no reason you wouldn't be able to achieve autofocus with m42 lenses on a suitable Sony body too, pretty cool!

If this adapter works I see no reason why a dedicated m42/pk/om/md version wouldn't be possible.

You'll be limited by the weight of the lens and possibly need a lens that moves the rear group to focus but that should cover most wide angle to portrait lenses.

This could either turn out to be awesome or crappy depending on the real world effectiveness of the adapter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to scroll down until you see the section just under the Marketplace.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here I am using manual lenses only, but this adapter does intrigue me. Curious how well it shall perform and for which price it shall sell. Any info on the price yet?
since I had been using Ricoh GXR M and Sony E mount simultaneously I have Leica M adapters for all my lenses which I can mount on my Leica M > Sony E helicoid adapter. I don't see any reason why I one shouldn't be able to do the same with this AF adapter.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first price is 349 usd, first shipping March 2016: http://petapixel.com/2016/02/11/techart-unveils-worlds-first-autofocus-adapter-manual-focus-lenses/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need an A7II/A7RII or A6300 to use this adapter.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right Calvin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is not true that they can only be used on the a7ii line. techart presently has similar contax g adapters that have been used for a while on the original a7 line. the issue is they work best with pdaf cameras. on other cameras focus will be slower. it remains to be seen how effective this newer model will be on other sony cameras.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use it on any E mount camera but they won't guarantee the functionally on the other cameras.

Quote:

– Turn your Manual Focus Leica M-mount Lens into Auto Focus
– Fast & Precise Focusing for Snapshot / Motion photography
– Support AF-S & AF-C mode
– Further adapting other lenses with other bayonet mounts
– Improve Close Focus Ability
– Super Light and Compact
Compatible with Sony A7(II) & Sony A7R(II)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh great, thank you for that Tony. I am very much looking forward to user reports, hopefully it is a viable option even for the first generation A7 bodies