Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Techart Leica M to Sony E AF adapter in development (new)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will make one or more for SLR lenses later with longer extension.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that having this adapter attached (almost welded) to your A7xx will make manual lenses very attractive especially coming from same manfacturer:
- Easy switch manual to auto
- Lower minimum focus distance (great for close up)
- Compact and light compared to many modern lenses
- Robust metal glass
- Old quality standards
- Colour consistency across the range for Minolta SR lenses
Just patience required
Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got mine too a few days ago. I really like it!
It feels almost like a gadget after all this years with just manual focus, but it is good craftsman work and I think it works pretty good.
AF is not very fast, but similar to what you can expect from a compact camera. I purchased a cheap M to m42 adapter on ebay and it worked also, but the SLR lenses needs to be set in approximately distance before use. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I finally got mine too a few days ago. I really like it!
It feels almost like a gadget after all this years with just manual focus, but it is good craftsman work and I think it works pretty good.
AF is not very fast, but similar to what you can expect from a compact camera. I purchased a cheap M to m42 adapter on ebay and it worked also, but the SLR lenses needs to be set in approximately distance before use. Wink

Happy Dog Friends Congrats

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I waited a bit before taking the plunge and I have now read that there are technical issues with the techart. Anybody knows about status?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a single issue with mine. When set for the 135mm FL it makes sometimes my A7RII to randomly change to the manual focus mode. The remedy is simple: instead of 135mm I keep it set to the 90mm FL for all the lenses with a FL longer then 90mm. I loose a bit of the IBIS effectiveness but not much and the AF works nicely. I bought mine ~2 months ago and didn't made any Firmware Update as I suppose it is already updated.
It's a very nice and useful adapter, IMO.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m curious if and how good eye AF works with the Techart on a A7Rii. Anybody with experience?