Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Techart Leica M to Sony E AF adapter in development (new)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will make one or more for SLR lenses later with longer extension.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that having this adapter attached (almost welded) to your A7xx will make manual lenses very attractive especially coming from same manfacturer:
- Easy switch manual to auto
- Lower minimum focus distance (great for close up)
- Compact and light compared to many modern lenses
- Robust metal glass
- Old quality standards
- Colour consistency across the range for Minolta SR lenses
Just patience required
Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got mine too a few days ago. I really like it!
It feels almost like a gadget after all this years with just manual focus, but it is good craftsman work and I think it works pretty good.
AF is not very fast, but similar to what you can expect from a compact camera. I purchased a cheap M to m42 adapter on ebay and it worked also, but the SLR lenses needs to be set in approximately distance before use. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I finally got mine too a few days ago. I really like it!
It feels almost like a gadget after all this years with just manual focus, but it is good craftsman work and I think it works pretty good.
AF is not very fast, but similar to what you can expect from a compact camera. I purchased a cheap M to m42 adapter on ebay and it worked also, but the SLR lenses needs to be set in approximately distance before use. Wink

Happy Dog Friends Congrats

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I waited a bit before taking the plunge and I have now read that there are technical issues with the techart. Anybody knows about status?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a single issue with mine. When set for the 135mm FL it makes sometimes my A7RII to randomly change to the manual focus mode. The remedy is simple: instead of 135mm I keep it set to the 90mm FL for all the lenses with a FL longer then 90mm. I loose a bit of the IBIS effectiveness but not much and the AF works nicely. I bought mine ~2 months ago and didn't made any Firmware Update as I suppose it is already updated.
It's a very nice and useful adapter, IMO.