Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tatra Mountains (Poland) - Pentax ME Super Fuji Superia 400
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Tatra Mountains (Poland) - Pentax ME Super Fuji Superia 400 Reply with quote

Hello,

I took my newly acquired Pentax ME Super on my vacation in Tatra Mountains. As I decided to travel light I brought along Vivitar 28/2.8 Close Focus - Komine (also bought a few days before vacation), Kiron 70-150/4 and Pentax-M 50/1.7 + King Circular Polariser and reductions to be able to put it on all lenses. I loaded up my favourite negative - Fuji Superia X-Tra 400 and here are a few photos taken on the first day trip.

What I can say, this Vivitar 28/2.8 Close Focus by Komine is absolutely fantastic lens and truth to be told along with Kiron 70-150/4 it was perfect lens set up for mountain trips. I rarely used Pentax-M 50/1.7, but took some portraits with it. Pentax ME Super is great body as well, smooth, small and light and very pleasant to use.

If you'll visit Tatra Mountains in Poland (Zakopane city and nearby) I wholeheartedly recommend visiting "Dolina Pięciu Stawów Polskich" (Valey of Five Ponds/Lakes) as it's absolutely beautiful place to be.

#1 "Dolina Roztoki" - "Wodospad Siklawa" with Vivitar 28/2.8

#2 "Dolina Roztoki" - "Wodospad Siklawa" with Vivitar 28/2.8

#3 "Dolina Pięciu Stawów Polskich" - "Wielki Staw Polski" with Vivitar 28/2.8

#4 "Dolina Pięciu Stawów Polskich" with Vivitar 28/2.8

#5 "Dolina Pięciu Stawów Polskich" - "Przedni Staw Polski" and in the background "Schronisko w Dolinie Pięciu Stawów" with Vivitar 28/2.8

#6 "Dolina Pięciu Stawów Polskich" - "Przedni Staw Polski" with Kiron 70-150/4

#7 From "Dolina Pięciu Stawów Polskich" onto "Świstowa Czuba" by Blue Track with Vivitar 28/2.8

#8 View from the Blue Track with Vivitar 28/2.8

#9 View from the Blue Track - on the left "Dolina Pięciu Stawów Polskich" and on the bottom right "Dolina Roztoki" with Vivitar 28/2.8

#10 View from the Blue Track with Vivitar 28/2.8

Mateusz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Tatra Mountains (Poland) - Pentax ME Super Fuji Superia Reply with quote

PhantomLord wrote:
Hello,

I took my newly acquired Pentax ME Super on my vacation in Tatra Mountains. As I decided to travel light I brought along Vivitar 28/2.8 Close Focus - Komine (also bought a few days before vacation), Kiron 70-150/4 and Pentax-M 50/1.7 + King Circular Polariser and reductions to be able to put it on all lenses. I loaded up my favourite negative - Fuji Superia X-Tra 400 and here are a few photos taken on the first day trip.

What I can say, this Vivitar 28/2.8 Close Focus by Komine is absolutely fantastic lens and truth to be told along with Kiron 70-150/4 it was perfect lens set up for mountain trips. I rarely used Pentax-M 50/1.7, but took some portraits with it. Pentax ME Super is great body as well, smooth, small and light and very pleasant to use.

If you'll visit Tatra Mountains in Poland (Zakopane city and nearby) I wholeheartedly recommend visiting "Dolina Pięciu Stawów Polskich" (Valey of Five Ponds/Lakes) as it's absolutely beautiful place to be.

Mateusz

Miodzio Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, and the cost of the camera, lens, and film, is so cheap to get these results.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dziękuje konicamera Smile

Excalibur: Thank you very much. You're right about the costs, and it gives so much pleasure using those excellent lenses and film body cameras. In fact if someone asks me why am I using negatives instead of taking digital body I just said it makes me happy Smile .

Mateusz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results, Mateusz , what scanner did you used ?
Superia X-tra 400 is great ![/b]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Teo. As for scanner, I didn't do scanning myself, but lab uses Noritsu QSS 3233 machine for scanning.

I agree, Superia X-Tra 400 is absolutely fabulous negative Smile . Actually I bought 60 rolls of a few years expired Superia X-Tra 400 and when rating it at ISO200-320, it's good as new (and I got it for about £0,5 per 36 exposure roll).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lovely set of photos. My wife talks about her childhood holidays in Zakopane and she has some wonderful photos. Some even of the same place as these taken in the early 80's. We plan to go there next year or 2016.

Beautiful photos. Taken with a nice neat little camera.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you philslizzy Smile, it's definitely great place to go, but I advice you to go in September as in July-August time of summer vacation there's just plenty of tourists Wink. I always went to the mountains in September or in May-June, but this time made an exception and I'm not too happy about it.

Could you/your wife share some of those photos from the '80s? I was born in '87 so I always like to look back at photos taken at those unknown to me times Smile .

Mateusz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will ask her tomorrow because I have no idea where they are. They are on slides and will need copying. A good excuse to get the slide projector out.