Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tarcus TV-Lens 50mm F1.3 on NEX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Tarcus TV-Lens 50mm F1.3 on NEX Reply with quote

Got this lens very cheap and tried it on NEX.
It does cover the sensor pretty well.
But it can't focus to completly to infinity on NEX. On my adapter it reaches only about 3m.
The bokeh is swirly. The aperture can be closed completly.
Stopped down to F2 it's pretty sharp.

Samples (I guess all wide open)

Do you have any idea how much it's worth?

Last edited by ForenSeil on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:15 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea, these lenses usually not fetch high price. I like what I see here, nice pictures and lens do job pretty well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Tarcus TV-lens 50/0.95 was sold for 302 EUR on ebay on november, perhaps october, if it can helps . GBP so probably ebay UK, I've deleted the link, sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this lens made by Navitar? Because I saw some pictures of Navitar C-Mount lenses which look very similar.
For example this one:
http://forum.mflenses.com/75mm-f1-4-c-mount-lens-who-made-it-t39332.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is the same as Navitar/Computar or Ernitec (see my other answer in the thread concerning the 75mm 1,4). But in my experience definitely not as good as the 75mm 1,4: much softer wide open and more CA. Plus the rear is too big to me mounted on C-mount adapter, needs some fair amount of work to make it fit for infinity focus. Not worth the work in my opinion.

Still I'm surprised that it covers the NEX without vignetting because the 75mm has some vignetting (acceptable for videos in my opinion, but needing crop for still pictures)