Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tapatalk plugin
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Tapatalk plugin Reply with quote

For those who use smartphones/tablets to post and check content on the forum -- would there be any interest by the admins in implementing the Tapatalk plugin?

https://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=phpbb

It allows push notifications through their API.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is too old forum , too much effort to implement it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
This is too old forum , too much effort to implement it.

If there's too much effort involved, I'd be more than happy to help. I have quite a bit of admin experience with software like phpBB. The newer versions offer quite a bit of improvement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main issue why no new version, search engine links and customized current version, not worth to invest to upgrade and if links are not matched Google drop this forum. This is fine in this stage , thank you for your offered help.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is tapatalk, a forum admin tool or something members use?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A smartphone application when you can use different forums throw one interface.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Main issue why no new version, search engine links and customized current version, not worth to invest to upgrade and if links are not matched Google drop this forum. This is fine in this stage , thank you for your offered help.

I'd be willing to try to "forward port" the customizations to a more current version, if anyone's up for it. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbuchbinder wrote:
Attila wrote:

I'd be willing to try to "forward port" the customizations to a more current version, if anyone's up for it. Wink

That's the easy part. The hard part is keeping identical links to topics between versions of phpBB -- impossible? Attila has spent way too much effort and time getting MFlenses.com into very top of Google searches -- that would all be lost if links change during upgrade.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
jbuchbinder wrote:
Attila wrote:

That's the easy part. The hard part is keeping identical links to topics between versions of phpBB -- impossible? Attila has spent way too much effort and time getting MFlenses.com into very top of Google searches -- that would all be lost if links change during upgrade.

Unless the link generation algo has changed drastically, it shouldn't be an issue.

Ideally I would have suggested doing a "dry run" to see whether or not it could be accomplished without mangling the current site layout/links/functionality before actually breaking anything. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbuchbinder wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
jbuchbinder wrote:
Attila wrote:

Unless the link generation algo has changed drastically, it shouldn't be an issue.

Ideally I would have suggested doing a "dry run" to see whether or not it could be accomplished without mangling the current site layout/links/functionality before actually breaking anything. Smile

The key word being "Unless"? Wink