Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tanaka Kogaku Tanar 35mm f/2.8 LTM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Tanaka Kogaku Tanar 35mm f/2.8 LTM Reply with quote

I picked up this recently, cute little lens. Wink
Any experiences here?

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is surely a nice looking lens.

I thinks it is quite rare,actually, (more rere in LTM than Nikon S mount)

Would be great fit with Tanar 5cm f2 LTM

looking forward to see some pictures

Smile

Rado

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is identical to the Kyoei Acall 3.5 35mm lens. It is more rare hence more expensive.
Looks nice, congrats Lars!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys, the lens is very similar to the Canon Serenar 35mm f/2.8.

I couple of samples with just basic PP and light sharpning (a picture always loose some sharpness when resized)

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very good to me Lars!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very distinctive, very genuine it seems.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images & yep, looks similar to my Canon 35/2 LTM

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I like these Tanack lenses Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, great close-up! Wonderful colors!!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Klaus, it may be one of my top five flower shots IMO Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to pick one of these up, in very good condition. But I can't be sure what the filter size is: any ideas? seems to be 34mm or 35mm. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Lochlann

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice images, especially the last.

Anyone knows who did that lovely lens?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this link: http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Tanaka

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful images from a beautiful lens (and talented photographer). The Tanack line of Lecia copies was imported to the US by Spiratone.

More info from Camerapedia on the 35 f/2.8 - it's a six element!

W Tanar 35mm f/2.8

In Leica mount

The W Tanar 35mm f/2.8, with six elements in four groups,[57] was offered as a new product in late 1956, at ¥15,800,[58] and certainly remained in production until the end of the Tanack cameras.[59]

The W Tanar 35mm f/2.8 in Leica mount always has a black and chrome barrel: the focus and aperture rings are black, and the lens tip, focus tab and barrel base are chrome. The barrel is physically very similar to that of the 35mm f/3.5: the focus ring and focus tab are the same, and only the aperture ring differs, with many small knurls. The aperture scale goes from 2.8 to 22. The front bezel is inscribed either W TANAR 35mm f:2.8 Tanaka Kogaku Japan No.xxxxxx or W TANACK 35mm f:2.8 Tanaka Kogaku Japan No.xxxxxx(with W always in red).

Serial numbers are known from 283579 to 284470;[60] the sequence plausibly started at 283501, with "2835" indicating the lens features (2.8/35).

In Nikon or Contax mount

The W Tanar 35mm f/2.8 was also made in Nikon S or Contax mount. The difference in the rangefinder adjustment between the two camera families in not critical for wide angle lenses, and the same lenses were sold indifferently for both mounts. The 35mm f/2.8 lens was only listed in Leica mount in a Japanese magazine dated Summer 1957;[61] the Nikon mount version was perhaps released later or made for export only.

The barrel differs from that of the Leica mount version. The focus ring and lens tip are black, whereas the aperture ring and base mount are chrome. The focus ring has a row of fine mills and no focus tab. It rotates in the reverse direction when compared to the Leica mount lenses, adopting the same ergonomy as official Contax or Nikon lenses. The distance scale is engraved in feet down to 3ft. The aperture ring has fine mills too, and goes from 2.8 to 22. The inscription on the front bezel is the same as on the Leica mount version. Serial numbers are known from 58543 to 58705.[62] These numbers are curiously overlapping those for the chrome Tanar H.C. 5cm f/2.8; it is not known if duplicate numbers were used.

Enjoy this real jewel!

P.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another old post rebooted.
I have never seen this one. Seems like a very nice lens.
Beautiful samples!