Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron / T-mount adapters
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Tamron / T-mount adapters Reply with quote

Besides eBay are there any other sources for tamron/t-mount adapter - particularly minolta?

From eBay sources they seem pricey and if their reasonable priced then s+h is brutal? Shocked
I'll be getting a tamron that isn't minolta and I don't know how I feel about juggling adapters Confused

As usual any help's appreciated!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you get the right one. There's T, T2, T4 then you've got adaptall and adaptal 2.

If you've got a local camera store they'll often have a box of secondhand odds and ends including adapters.

Some mail order secondhand stockists sell them too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you have a T mount lens? Most Tamrons are not T mount, and most T mounts are not Tamron. Other Tamron interchangeable mount systems were the Adapt-a-Matic, Adaptall and Adaptall 2 (and Tamron also made some lenses that did not have interchangeable mounts).

There's no meaningful difference between T and T2; T4 and TX are completely different animals, but those did not come on Tamron lenses.

If you do need a T mount, you might try a telescope shop, Edmund Scientific, maybe someplace like Porter's Camera (www.porters.com) or B&H.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, I have a mint Minolta M/MD AD-2 mount which I don't require. (Also a Konica and Praktica B mount). They came on lenses I bought so there aren't any original boxes, but they have the rear caps. PM me if you're interested Smile